News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15509
Latest: DarkwinX
New This Month: 17
New This Week: 7
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 127178
Total Topics: 15606
Most Online Today: 85
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 51
Total: 56

Pixels on bushes

Started by sielbear, December 22, 2013, 04:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sielbear

I have dumb strings (basic dmx) on my landscaping.  It works well, but I want to move to using a matrix on my bushes.  My thought is to make homemade net lights on some green fencing I found at Lowes.  The fencing is 4' x 50' with a 2" grid.  My thought is to space the pixels at 4" and build a fixed grid / matrix.  I'll then have very granular pixel control on my shrubs / bushes. 

I thought for storage, I'll attach 1 1/4 pvc posts on the ends and roll up the netting after each season.

Any issues you guys see with this idea?

arw01

I am looking for the same sort of rgb netting, have not found it yet.

Also the black fencing might work ok for that as well.  So would you do straight lines with the nodes?

sielbear

Yes- truly build another matrix. Every bush would be dynamic. I could still do pans across / up and down the house. I looked at the black netting, but this green stuff looks TOUGH and has 2" spacing. That makes putting lights at 4" trivial.

arw01

do the make fish netting in sheets too?  strong stuff, salt water proof, uv resistant..

FireMedic4Christ

Might take a look at the netting used for outdoor sport courts too. Made for outside so should be weather and UV resistant.
Brian

arw01

Good idea, a big soccer net is available in different colors and might not be that expensive, and certainly exposed to the rain a lot.

I wanted a bit smaller node, perhaps look at a MSSC or SSC with 5v power injection instead if the nodes are smaller and less costly.  Ideally it would be a 2 wire set up instead, but that would be a non-compatible controller and not sure I want to go that route yet.

Alan

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

K8-B-Scroller needs updated EEPROM Signature? by jdbeavers
Today at 03:32:54 PM

BBB running 3-4 seconds ahead by MATTS
Today at 03:02:56 PM

Linking FPP Run Command to a Button by tynmar
Today at 02:34:43 PM

Written documentation for Differential Receivers v2.01 by DarkwinX
Today at 02:29:36 PM

Falcon V4 Player by jduncc