News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15504
Latest: Nicolarockarola
New This Month: 12
New This Week: 4
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 127159
Total Topics: 15601
Most Online Today: 61
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 34
Total: 37

Static LOR Channel Not Working Properly

Started by MarkB, December 23, 2016, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkB

Hello All,

I am new to the FPP scene!

I am attempting to convert my PC-based show to the FPP because of some flicker I get when running from the show PC using a wireless network for my E1.31 content.  I have noticed that the same issue is not seen when running with the FPP, so I am very motivated to get this running!

Unfortunately, I have a problem that is keeping me from converting to the use of the FPP exclusively...

I have two 16-channel LOR boxes that are run from an LOR dongle.  The last channel on the second box (channel 32) controls the FM radio station sign I have in the display.  This output is ALWAYS ON in each of the 9 sequences I have in the show.  Unfortunately, the output is not being commanded to stay on for the duration of the show when running with the FPP.  For some reason, the output is being shut down after the first sequence and then never fired again.  Other channels on that LOR box are working fine, although they are "dynamic" in nature - they are changing states during the course of the show.

I have a third LOR box which is running on a DMX network in a separate part of the display (DMX mode).  This box has a static channel for an inflatable that is enabled throughout the show, and it does not experience the same problem.  It seems to me that the only difference here is the network type.

Is there something funky about the way the FPP treats LOR channels?  I did not select the "All lights off at end" option when I converted my sequences in Nutcracker, but I am wondering if there might be another setting someplace in FPP that is doing this following the first song.  Then perhaps the FPP never attempts to fire the 32nd channel again due to some form of optimization?

Is there something special I need to do for a static channel such as this when it is being controlled through the LOR dongle on the FPP?  Is there something special about the problematic channel being the last one on the LOR network?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Ebuechner

I'm curious why you're not using a timer to control those items? It seems to me using the LOR AC controllers just makes it more complicated than it needs to be.
I've done the same thing with an inflatable using a timer to control the fan and a DMX Dumb string inside the inflatable to light it up.

CaptainMurdoch

The LOR protocol tries to be efficient in that it only sends out updates to the controller when the channel values change, so the current values are cached in the player software so they can be checked at every frame in the sequence.  This isn't a FPP optimization, it is how LOR works as far as I understand it based on my limited knowledge of the protocol.

This channel cache is preserved across sequences, so FPP won't send another update on that channel as long as it is always set to the same value in your sequences.

How large are your FSEQ files?  If I PM you my email, can you zip them up and send them to me so that I can take a look at the data in them and play them here with FPP in debug mode to see if updates would be sent out for that channel?
-
Chris

MarkB

Quote from: Ebuechner on December 23, 2016, 09:50:34 AM
I'm curious why you're not using a timer to control those items? It seems to me using the LOR AC controllers just makes it more complicated than it needs to be.
I've done the same thing with an inflatable using a timer to control the fan and a DMX Dumb string inside the inflatable to light it up.

I have not used timers for things like this in 10 years... not since I had a computer running LOR boxes that could be used to do the job and ensure that the timing is always in sync.  Plus... I don't have to run extra extension cords!!!

This box happened to have an extra channel available and it has been wired that way in the display for the last several years.

Mark

jnealand

Maybe the OP could switch to DMX protocol instead of using the LOR protocol.  I use DMX with LYNX SSR4 (a 4 channel AC controller) to turn on my tune to and my spotlight for my nativity.  I use the staticon / off scripts in the repository.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Linking FPP Run Command to a Button by tynmar
Today at 06:52:05 AM

Setting Color Order by K-State Fan
Today at 05:59:19 AM

BRP Voting Plugin - Allow others to vote for your songs! by Barkers Random Projects
December 03, 2022, 11:55:24 PM

loading playlist by rangerdan
December 03, 2022, 11:54:31 PM

BBB running 3-4 seconds ahead by MATTS
December 03, 2022, 09:41:41 PM

Remote Pi connection issues by JonD
December 03, 2022, 08:51:55 PM

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by cabrio
December 03, 2022, 08:24:43 PM

Setting up new Falcon f16v4 noob question by Scouser10231
December 03, 2022, 03:45:54 PM

Sequence freeze by jnealand