Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 58
Total: 66

Migrating away from LOR CTB16PC Controller- Help with hardware alternatives

Started by koehlerg, May 24, 2017, 10:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koehlerg

I have been trolling the forum that last several nights looking for my answer, but I couldn't find it.  It's pretty simple so I thought I would ask.  I have about (16) LOR CTB16PC controllers left in the show.  I have been slowly eliminating them each year and adding more RGB as replacements (1000 times better). As some of them are getting older and will need to be replaced soon and since I am using them in DMX via Xlights/Pi with a FPP, I do not want to go that route.  What is out there that I can replace a LOR CTB16PC controller to something direct to DMX with the 110V plug on it so i can keep my current LOR CTB16PC AC elements in the show.  $200 a controller seems like a lot now just to keep 16 channel an AC controller.  Thanks in Advance.  I'm sure someone has done this already!
Slinger, WI

jnealand

Sometimes it is just simpler to bite the bullet and migrate everything over.  I moved from AC to RGB over 3 seasons.  I still have some AC props, but generally don't use them or just use one controller (a Lynx Express) that can be attached to a DMX port of an RGB controller.  One of the reasons I moved faster than I had planned was that I did not like the missmatched colors in the display between my old AC stuff and the new RGB units.  ymmv
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

PeteyHall

Quote from: jnealand on May 24, 2017, 10:34:26 AM
Sometimes it is just simpler to bite the bullet and migrate everything over.  I moved from AC to RGB over 3 seasons.  I still have some AC props, but generally don't use them or just use one controller (a Lynx Express) that can be attached to a DMX port of an RGB controller.  One of the reasons I moved faster than I had planned was that I did not like the missmatched colors in the display between my old AC stuff and the new RGB units.  ymmv
I agree with this approach. I was 1/2 lor controllers 1/2 falcon last year and it looked mismatched so I decided to sell all of my lor gear and go with just rgb this year. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Pitts

Minleon sells the Lynx Express controller. Also get with Sean (smeighan) of Xlights, He has some Lynx Express controllers he would part with I think. 
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

koehlerg

Thanks,  that's a good start. I'll check the lynx express controllers out and see if i can contact Sean via PM.
Slinger, WI

mindtrik

Ebuechner

I ditched my Lor controllers for the Renard plus32 programmed to run on DMX.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

FPP connect by darylc
Today at 06:49:10 AM

Very unexpected error message by darylc
Today at 02:54:04 AM

I'm Stumped by saleencb
November 29, 2022, 11:58:52 PM

Raspberry PI 4 won't connect to WIFI by Poporacer
November 29, 2022, 10:45:10 PM

Make FPP turn off ? by Poporacer
November 29, 2022, 10:36:13 PM