News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15473
Latest: vb
New This Month: 95
New This Week: 10
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 126841
Total Topics: 15549
Most Online Today: 71
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 53
Total: 55

BETA testers for the µSC...

Started by corey872, March 24, 2014, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twooly

Thank you, as you expected didn't help. So picture time for me, also did a video of when I connect power (no pixelnet into the hub and no nodes connected)

[attachment deleted by admin]

corey872

twooly,  I took a look at your video.  The DOUT led should not be on like that during the start-up.  There are a couple of possibilities for the issue,  Based on your picture of the front side of the board,  Can you take a closer look or a more detailed image of the mosfet driver?

The driver (red arrow in photo below) should have an identifying marking of "GZHU"  I don't see that mark in your photo.  It could just be the lighting, or it's possible I could have inserted the wrong chip in that slot during the build.    But one which is causing the DOUT LED to come on - which is what I looked at to make sure these were working before sending out.

Corey

twooly

Looks like it has GZHU on it.  Sorry my pics are bad :)

corey872

The picture is fine.  It does look like the proper code.  Unfortunately, this is starting to look more like a board level issue.  The PIC seems to be working given it's flash sequence when power is applied.  But the only reason the DOUT light should be on at that point would be a high input at the mosfet driver, or if the driver itself failed and latched completely on.

About the only thing left to try would be pulling the mosfet driver input low with a jumper wire.  To do that, you would have to make contact with the input pin of the mosfet, or, one or both of the output pins of the resistor array.  (all indicated by red dots in the photo).  You would need to connect the other end of the jumper wire to ground - the easiest place would he hole #3 of the programming header (as indicated by the arrowheads)

Jumpering the input to ground, the mosfet driver input would have to be low and the driver should shut off the LED.

If you want to do that, go ahead and give it a shot to see what happens.  I will ponder a bit more through the day and see if anything else occurs to me.  At the worst, if you want to send the board back to me, I will have a look, get it in working order and send it back out.

Corey

JerryPlak

Ok I going throw  this out there and questions to ask ,  are the beta testers using LED with a built in current limit resistor ?
Jerry Plak

David Pitts

Quote from: JerryPlak on April 15, 2014, 01:22:17 PM
Ok I going throw  this out there and questions to ask ,  are the beta testers using LED with a built in current limit resistor ?

Yes. Corey sent them the LEDS that have correct forward voltage.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

corey872

It's a good thought -  I sent the correct LEDs with the controllers and I think everyone seems to be using those LEDs - though I did not install the LEDs or pre-wire the controller - I wanted the testers to have experience with that. 

I suspect twooly's board may have some defect which I didn't notice - ahh, the joys of hand assembly / soldering!  I suspect jnealand and arw01 may not have programmed the channels, but will have to wait for new input on that.   - in retrospect, I wasn't very clear on channel programming in the correspondence I sent.

How about you Dave - any luck with your board?
Corey

twooly

Ill send it back to you, I don't want to make it any worse than it probably is :)  It will give you a chance to see what it really going on with it. 

smeighan

i was just talking to dave a few hours ago. He is heads down writing the firmware code for his new f-16 board. i think his plate is pretty full . he has gotten 5 of the new f-16 v2 boards and all components. he now needs to get the firmware done and then test, test, test. he said he will then order 50 or so more boards.
Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

corey872

Quote from: twooly on April 15, 2014, 02:38:54 PM
Ill send it back to you, I don't want to make it any worse than it probably is :)  It will give you a chance to see what it really going on with it.

OK - great.  It will be interesting to see what the problem is.  I'll take one off of test tonight, give it the once-over and clean bill of health, and send it out tomorrow.
Corey

David Pitts

I put one together. Pretty straight forward build since 90% was already done. I made a short video.

All in all very satisfied. I would like to see labeling for +, - , data place more on the edge of board and in between the wires when they are connected. the wires when connected go right over it. I would like to see it when wires are on. That is my only comment.

I corrected the orientation of the video. I hope it updates soon.

PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

JerryPlak

Cool David

Send from my Galaxy III

Jerry Plak

jnealand

I agree with Dave on the wire markings.  When I was trying to retrace all my wires to make sure the connections were correct I had to push the wires up thru the holes a bit so I could read underneath them, but then if I had a second unconnected module I could have seen the markings there.

Partial success.  I have the unit running in test mode.  None of the magnets I had seemed to do anything, but putting a jumper between pins 1 and 6 on the ICSP area works great.  I tried to program the unit using the newest DLA smart string programmer, the one for the Zeus.  Or am I supposed to be using the Falcon programmer.  I get no results using the DLA utility.  I am running xlights RGB cycle with all channels selected.  I'm off to a wake for an old friend now, but will be back later after 8pm Atlanta time.  In the meantime, I'll leave the lights running in test mode. 

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

corey872

I will see what I can do with the markings.  They used to be a bit off to the side but i was worried people might think the 'misaligned' markings were for the pad they happened to be near, not the pad diagonal.

As it stands, you need to have the magnet in place before applying power to the PIC.  Just having the magnet nearby won't automatically go into test mode.  (video coming soon)  I mentioned this once earlier, but it was quick, so it might not be well known.

You will need to use the Falcon channel programming utility if you want to feed real 'data' not just test ramps.  I happen to have V 1.0.11 and know it works.  I suspect 1.0.10 would work as well. 

Nothing on this controller is, or uses DLA for anything.  This is an evolution, not associated with DLA at all.
Corey

twooly

Quote from: corey872 on April 15, 2014, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: twooly on April 15, 2014, 02:38:54 PM

OK - great.  It will be interesting to see what the problem is.  I'll take one off of test tonight, give it the once-over and clean bill of health, and send it out tomorrow.

Cool thank you, just took the pigtails off this one and Ill get this one in the mail back to you tomorrow.  Thank you very much.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Unable to get DHCP after FPP install by Jlwright325
November 27, 2022, 11:31:30 PM

What is the second best way to get rid of pixel gap errors? by k6ccc
November 27, 2022, 10:32:34 PM

FPP connect by LedMutt
November 27, 2022, 09:29:34 PM

FPP Scheduler duplicate by Aaron Maue
November 27, 2022, 09:24:20 PM

Audio Stalls on 8th music sequence by JonD
November 27, 2022, 08:09:16 PM