Members: 9
Guests: 86
Total: 95

Xlights/F4V3 Setup Help

Started by Powelln, November 15, 2018, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powelln

Quote from: jnealand on November 23, 2018, 09:13:21 AM
I never set my color order base on FPP test.  You will always have problems.  Leave all xlights settings at RGB.  I create 3 sequences that turn every light in my display one color (3 colors, 3 sequences just 30 sec long).  Upload the sequences to the Pi and then play with repeat.  Look at the colors and change the color order in the controller.  With a Falcon F16 you can do that at the same time the sequence is playing and see the change.  Repeat until you get it right.  I just finished doing that for all the props that are currently setup and will be doing that again today and tomorrow as I finish my setup.  Been doing this for several years and always works.
Man you weren't kidding about setting colors on FPP. I basically set everything to default and changed the colors in the controller. Unfortunately you can't get to the RGB mode in the F4V3 via the display so that part was kind of a pain but it's up and running. How do you keep the time and date going running so many Pi's in your display?

Thanks again for your help, I can't thank you enough!

jnealand

The only Pi that needs the time is the Master as that is the only one running a schedule.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Powelln

Quote from: jnealand on November 24, 2018, 09:02:12 PM
The only Pi that needs the time is the Master as that is the only one running a schedule.

That makes sense. I was just talking about keeping the master on time. I assume you have to keep the Pi always powered to keep time. Otherwise it has to be set every day. I did like having the battery when the Pi cap was attached to keep the time going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnealand

My master has internet access and has been powered up for about 2 years continous except when I've been doing upgrades or moving things around.  That being said this week my show did not start on time and when I looked at the clock it was 40 min off.  I manually set the clock, started the show manually but the show even shut down on time.  Tonight it started right on time, but I am still keeping an eye on it.  I added a local timeserver today to see if that also prevents the time from getting off.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by cwr89
Today at 07:39:21 AM

Brightness plugin doesn't have fade option anymore by Zcarpenter
Today at 07:30:52 AM

RPI PICO AND WS2812B by tjkaminski
Today at 07:22:27 AM

FPP connect by darylc
Today at 06:49:10 AM

Very unexpected error message by darylc
Today at 02:54:04 AM