Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 44
Total: 56

Sequencing traditional led light strings

Started by haydenjensen1111, October 11, 2021, 03:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haydenjensen1111

New to the forum and looking for some help from some more experienced members.

I have a raspberry pi b+ connected to two 8 channel relays through the GPIO pins that control outlets and turn on and off my traditional led Christmas lights. I have the all of the hardware set up and have ran through all 16 of my channels on the display testing tab on FPP and everything works as intended. I am having issues creating me sequences in xLights however. I have created 16 models and set them all as single color string types. My timing is set at 500ms and each model is only on a single channel. When i then try to run the .fseq file in FPP the relays randomly activate super quickly for a few seconds and then stop. I have searched all over but its pretty difficult to find people using the relay/dumb lights set up.

Edit: I should also note that i had a made a sequence 3 years ago (havent used xLights since) that worked just fine and still works. I only have the .fseq file for it saved though so i cannot go back into xlights to see how i did it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Hayden

jem5136

I would suggest updating the sequence. First make sure you have the current version of FPP and xLights installed. You'll be able to open the fseq file in xlights and it'll open as a regular sequence. From there you can edit and save it as an xsq file. Render and save the sequence (which will update the fseq file). And run the updated fseq file on the Pi and see what happens.

braveit1

Have you checked the output options for your sequence?  Do you save it as v2 uncompressed?