News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15523
Latest: Stoneyman22
New This Month: 31
New This Week: 19
New Today: 4
Stats
Total Posts: 127321
Total Topics: 15628
Most Online Today: 86
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 16
Guests: 40
Total: 56

Voltage requirements on v2 diff receivers?

Started by kerneldoug, September 19, 2022, 07:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerneldoug

I have a mix of 12v and 5v pixels.  When using my 5v pixels on my older v1 diff smart receivers, I end up having to use a PC power supply with both 5V & 12V outputs, 12v to power the diff smart receivers since they won't be "smart" until 5.5V or so to power their electronics, and 5V to power the pixels.  Depending on the pixel voltage requirements, power is either supplied thru the 12v diff receiver, or thru a separate 5v bus complicating things. 

So, back to the subject at hand... Do the new v2 diff receivers still require +5.5V to function in a "smart" manner?   Or can I finally ditch the PC power supplies and use 5V power supplies to power both the lights & the v2 diff receivers?   

Thanks!

JonD

I have not seen any documentation on the V2.01 SRs.  The F16v4 manual has some information how to configure them, but it is limited to the F16v4 controller itself.  No F48v4 info, no prior version v3 info, no specs that I am aware of.  If you run across a manual, let me know.

I have seen people have issues with the old white 1.0x versions not working until it reached 5.3 volts, but have not seen anyone ask this before on the 2.01 version.

kerneldoug

Yep, old manual & order page specifically stated it too on v1s.  I'd order the new ones if they used 3.3v chips or lower so we could use 5V pixels without issue and replace my 20 or so v1s.  Anyone have a couple to chain & test with 5v pixels @ 5v?  

kerneldoug

Got an email response from David:

Hi

5V or more. Only the v1.01 receivers needed 5.3V

Thank you,

David Pitts
david@pixelcontroller.com