News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.3 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.3

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15650
Latest: Androom
New This Month: 54
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 128365
Total Topics: 15784
Most Online Today: 59
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 24
Total: 26

Recent posts

Thank you!   New F48V4 Pixel Controller ordered! 
Quote from: BirdingPix on Today at 10:48:15 AMbut I want to make sure that I can ignore (not use at all) the 4 built-in local SmartReceiver ports
Those are not really Smart Receiver ports, they mirror ports 45-48 but yes you do not need to use them.

Quote from: BirdingPix on Today at 10:48:15 AMAlso... what is the new (longer) distance for how far away the Differential SmartReceiver boards can be located?
I don't know that there is a longer distance supported but I think it is around 300 feet.

Quote from: BirdingPix on Today at 10:48:15 AMWhat does the the designation 'NS' mean?
It means No Switch so it cannot be used in the middle if you are going to daisy chain controllers.
I am about ready to purchase the F48V4-NS Pixel Controller... but I want to make sure that I can ignore (not use at all) the 4 built-in local SmartReceiver ports... and have 12 'ethernet' cables plugged into this board... and have 12 Differential SmartReceiver boards (blue) at the remote end (near the pixel elements).

Also... what is the new (longer) distance for how far away the Differential SmartReceiver boards can be located? 

What does the the designation 'NS' mean?

THANKS for your response... much appreciated! :D

Dave

Thanks! I'll go that route and adjust as needed.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Trying to configure LOR CF...
Last post by JonD - Today at 07:01:41 AM
The learning curve of DMX is probably less than it will be to get the LOR USB RS-485 adapter to work.  If you use the LOR adapter, there is a good chance you are going run into timing issues once you start playing sequences.  Most are fixable, but you are going to know more about LOR baud rate settings than you wanted to know.  It is not a simple task to use the LOR adapter with xlights.  I think you would be happier moving to DMX, but the RS-485 adapter should work with some limitations. 
F16v4 Pixel Controller (Blue) / Re: No network
Last post by JonD - Today at 06:35:14 AM
Quote from: tbone321 on January 30, 2023, 09:57:07 PMOne thing that I would strongly suggest is NOT to update firmware unless you really need to.  As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  Unless you are having a firmware related issue that is limiting or preventing you from using the device as needed, you really get no benefit from updating it but do get all of the risk of either bricking your device or going thru a whole lot of pain getting it working properly again.
I don't upgrade every version if I am not having any issues, but don't like them to get too far behind either.  The V4 series has not been out that long, and there are already 22 versions of firmware.  I usually upgrade them once every couple of years to keep things current.  Problem is eventually there will be a feature or bug fix that you will want, and if you are upgrading from really old firmware you are more likely to run into issues upgrading.
Last post by JonD - Today at 06:04:48 AM
Quote from: Steve_63 on January 30, 2023, 09:34:21 PMI still have just one issue.  Each day my scheduled sequence should start each day but I have to reboot the Pi FPP because the either-net link gets broken from one day to the next.  Maybe I just need to do as you suggest and try the reboot again.
If you're rebooting the Pi to resolve the issue, I would suspect the Pi is the issue not the controller.  Pi lockup and other issues are often caused by bad power supplies.  (Even if the power supply came directly from Raspberry)  Do you have another power supply you can try using for the Pi?
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Script/Plug-In Trigger on ...
Last post by darylc - January 30, 2023, 11:31:16 PM
Quote from: Bwinter on January 30, 2023, 09:03:56 PM
Quote from: darylc on January 30, 2023, 08:40:34 PMit doesn't cover all of your use cases (eg display testing) but it gets closer than adding stuff to playlists.

I did notice that, but I rarely use display testing...so at least having it function for playlist and sequences is sufficient.

My intended use is for a RPI PiCape situation, where I'm operating in Master/Remote mode.  If I set these commands in the Master, would checking the "multi sync" button also trigger the GPIO pins in all the remotes?  Or if not, is there a way to do that?

Not sure, you'd need to test it.

Worst cast call a remote trigger preset command thing.
F48v4 Differential Controller (Blue) / Re: F48v4NS - Pi or No Pi?
Last post by tbone321 - January 30, 2023, 10:22:25 PM
As I said, you really don't have to put the Pi in the same box as the F48 and your master can send data to the F48 and control the remotes at the same time.  My current setup also has a Master FPP Pi that does multiple jobs.  It has a Pi Cap on it that runs my landscape lights at night all year long.  It also is connected to a F48V3 which is configured as a controller.  During the Christmas season, it also controls a Kulp K8-PB which is set up as a remote.  And on top of all that, it is also operating a 2 relay board that controls power for the landscape lights and the F48.  I will be upgrading the relay board to a 4 relay board so that the Pi and FPP can control power for the FM transmitter and my DMX transmitter.  

The V4's can handle the data either way, as a remote unit or as a simple controller.  That's really up to you.  I would just build the box without the Pi in it as it really doesn't need to be in there.  It can send data just as easily over your Ethernet connection as it can being directly connected to the F48 and if you later decide to run the F48 as a remote, there would no changes to the case required, just a reconfiguration of the F48 for remote operation. 
Last post by tbone321 - January 30, 2023, 09:57:07 PM
One thing that I would strongly suggest is NOT to update firmware unless you really need to.  As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  Unless you are having a firmware related issue that is limiting or preventing you from using the device as needed, you really get no benefit from updating it but do get all of the risk of either bricking your device or going thru a whole lot of pain getting it working properly again.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

F48V4-NS Pixel Controller using all 12 Differential SmartReceiver ports by BirdingPix
Today at 02:26:30 PM

F48v4NS - Pi or No Pi? by rjhodgefamily
Today at 09:25:20 AM

Trying to configure LOR CF50D Floods on FPP Pi Player with PiCap by JonD
Today at 07:01:41 AM

No network by JonD
Today at 06:35:14 AM

Script/Plug-In Trigger on Data by darylc
January 30, 2023, 11:31:16 PM

Attempting to move to FPP 6.3 from 4.4 - Assigned IP is in different subnet. by Poporacer
January 30, 2023, 05:06:59 PM

Camera input for WS2811's by dkulp
January 30, 2023, 04:02:55 PM

F16v3 Won't boot or power on by rjhodgefamily
January 30, 2023, 02:22:05 PM

Set Time/Date by Rick
January 29, 2023, 10:09:08 PM

help getting started, next step? by Poporacer
January 28, 2023, 05:10:18 PM