Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 37
Total: 40

BigButton Issues: Cant create buttons

Started by Ryanm0085, May 10, 2022, 05:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanm0085

I was hoping someone could help me.  I am using FPP on a raspberry Pi to control rope lighting for ambient light.  I would like to be able to change the different patterns with a push of a button.  I think BigButton is exactly what I am looking for.  However, I cant seem to figure out how to create a button.  I go to the "Content Setup" and then "Configure Big Buttons, but it wont allow me to create any buttons anywhere.  Might be something I am doing wrong.  Ive attached a picture in hopes of figuring out whats going on.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!
You cannot see attachments on this board.

Ryanm0085

I added the pic to the original message.  I forgot to upload it 

CaptainMurdoch

The plugin has been updated and may need FPP v5.x now.  The UI isn't drawing totally correctly on your FPP v4.x system which may be part of the issue.  There may be other issues on the debug console you can see by hitting F12 in your browser and looking at the 'console' tab, but I would consider updating to FPP v5.5 before going much further.
-
Chris

Ryanm0085

Whenever i try to update the software, it says already up to date.  Do i need to force an update somehow?

Poporacer

Quote from: Ryanm0085 on May 10, 2022, 07:28:21 PMWhenever i try to update the software, it says already up to date.  Do i need to force an update somehow?
Minor updates can be done from the Help>About page, Major updates need an OS upgrade. You will have to download the FPPOS file and update from there. This might help? https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual(5.5).pdf#page=127
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Ryanm0085

I literally just saw the banner on the FPP page.  Did the update and everything is working now!  Thanks everyone!

UPDATE:  I jumped the gun.  Thought everything was working fine.  I am having the same exact issue.  It lets me edit the tabs now atleast but i cant save anything or create buttons. 

Ryanm0085

I took another screen shot of the errors i seem to be getting.  Hopefully this will help!

Poporacer

Quote from: Ryanm0085 on May 10, 2022, 08:52:21 PMI took another screen shot of the errors i seem to be getting.
It is working for me? You mentioned Tabs, Did you add buttons first before you tried tabs?
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

CaptainMurdoch

Can you scroll up in the console log?  The error about UpdateCurrentTime being undefined indicates their might have been an error above in the JavaScript somewhere.  I don't get any of those errors on my FPP v5.5 system running the plugin.
-
Chris

Ryanm0085

This is what i get as soon as i open the Console and then when I click on manage Big Buttons.  When I updated FPP, I used the second option and downloaded the update, then loaded it to the content manager.  Should I try dumping the Pi completely and reimage it with the latest version maybe?

CaptainMurdoch

Can you hit the following URL and paste the contents here?

http://192.168.1.100/api/configfile/plugin.fpp-BigButtons.json

Based on the line numbers in the error log related to config.js, I think that the config array isn't being initialized properly which may be due to a corrupt config file.  Did you have an old version of the plugin installed previously?  The code is supposed to auto convert the config, but maybe there is an issue with that code.  I installed the plugin on a new system and the attached screenshot is what you should see on a fresh install.
-
Chris

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics