Total Topics: 15539
Most Online Today: 107
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 68
Total: 80

What would be a good use for the LOR1600 Controller?

Started by MikeSD, September 30, 2015, 02:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeSD

I have an FPP Pi computer, attached to an e682 controller.  I plan to add a couple more e682 controllers, for 3 total.  I am using Vixen, as my software. Not sure if that makes the answer any different.

But I also have an LOR1600 Commercial controller and have been trying to figure out how I could make use of it.

1) what would be a good use for this LOR1600, in my current system (entirely RGB lights, so far)

2) Is there any way to synchronize the two types of units?  I think the LOR might be able to be just another 16 channels in my system but not sure how to incorporate it.  Currently it uses one of those 485 adapters to my PC (just for testing).  Is the LOR easy to use with the E1.31 protocol?

3) I thought it might be good for individual low cost flood lights but maybe there would be a better use.  What kind of lighting should/could I use with the LOR that makes sense?

I kind of hate to not use it, considering the cost.  If I can't figure out a use, I might just have to sell it.  But it seems usable for something.

jnealand

I still use AC controllers for my Tune to, my nativity, and a couple of other static things.  I use pixelnet and a Lynx active hub which lets me convert and output one 512 channel universe to DMX so I have dedicated the first 512 channels to potential DMX even though in my 8 years doing lights I have never gone over about 190 channels of DMX.  I have no experience doing this without using the Active Hub conversion.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

tbone321

I think that its cash value will far exceed any use for it in your current setup. 

MikeSD

You could be right.  Think I'll try to find a place to sell it.

Skunberg

I'd try planet Christmas or the lor forum to sell it.