Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 31
Total: 33

Need some help with getting a falcon script to work properly in Home Assistant

Started by wtstreetglow, May 15, 2022, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtstreetglow

@CaptainMurdoch Hello again and Hello all, hoping someone here can help me with a more than likely easy situation. I just don't understand enough about mqtt to make something work.

So, I'll start out by saying, I have Home Assistant connected to FPP and can start a script with some mqtt coding (I don't know if that's the proper terminology or not.) The problem I am running into is that I can't get the sequence to repeat for some reason. I think I have a syntax problem or something because I don't fully understand what I'm doing but I know what I want to do. Below is the code I am attempting to use. In my instance, the sequence runs once and then stops (doesn't repeat). Can someone here help me determine what I'm doing wrong? Thank you all in advance!!

sequence:
  - service: mqtt.publish
    data_template:
      topic: albero/falcon/player/FPP/playlist/name/set
      payload: GYMSIGNPLAYLIST
  - delay:
      seconds: 1
    data_template:
      topic: albero/falcon/player/FPP/set/playlist/start
      payload: '1'
      retain: false
  - delay:
      seconds: 1
    data_template:
      topic: albero/falcon/player/FPP/set/playlist/$(PLAYLISTNAME)/repeat
      payload: '1'
      retain: false

wtstreetglow

Sorry now I realize the capitalized areas can be replaced with "ALLPLAYLIST" or your playlist name and they will repeat appropriately. I'll leave the original post in place for others learning about mqtt with Home Assistant/ Falcon Pi Player behind me. Thank you all for everything you have built!!

CaptainMurdoch

You can also do the same thing in one MQTT message by sending a FPP Command to the {prefix}/falcon/player/{hostname}/set/command topic.  The body of the message would be the JSON for the FPP Command as documented on the API Help page in FPP.  For the "Start Playlist" command, the body would look similar to this:

{
  "command": "Start Playlist",
  "args": [
    "PLAYLIST_NAME_HERE",
    "false",
    "false"
  ]
}

The first 'false' is a true/false to indicate whether to start the playlist in repeat mode.  The second true/false indicates whether to only start the playlist if it is not already playing.  False would (re)start the playlist always, True would only start if not already playing.  All FPP Commands documented on the API Help page can be accessed over both the HTTP REST API and the MQTT interface.
-
Chris

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics