News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 7.5 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/7.5

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 16395
Latest: jw1736435
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 132060
Total Topics: 16369
Most Online Today: 60
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

Color Order

Started by K-State Fan, December 02, 2023, 12:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

K-State Fan

I switched from a K8-PB to the new version of the same controller. Nothing wrong with the old ones just wanted to try the electronic fuses. 

When i got every thing together the color of my 5 arches on that controller were wrong everything else was correct. I changed the order in xLights to GBR and uploaded to controller  they had been BRG and everything is working fine. I was not expecting this when I was doing my test and looked for other problems prior to changing the color order.

Poporacer

Quote from: K-State Fan on December 02, 2023, 12:36:08 PMI changed the order in xLights to GBR and uploaded to controller  they had been BRG and everything is working fine.
There are 2 places to set the color order in xLights and you should only set it in one place. Is it possible it is set in both places?

Quote from: K-State Fan on December 02, 2023, 12:36:08 PMI was not expecting this when I was doing my test
How were you testing? Xlights Test, FPP Display Test, FPP Port test, Sequence? The different tests can sometimes produce different results. 
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

K-State Fan

Quote from: Poporacer on December 02, 2023, 03:10:19 PM
Quote from: K-State Fan on December 02, 2023, 12:36:08 PMI changed the order in xLights to GBR and uploaded to controller  they had been BRG and everything is working fine.
There are 2 places to set the color order in xLights and you should only set it in one place. Is it possible it is set in both places?

Quote from: K-State Fan on December 02, 2023, 12:36:08 PMI was not expecting this when I was doing my test
How were you testing? Xlights Test, FPP Display Test, FPP Port test, Sequence? The different tests can sometimes produce different results.

I set the order in the controller settings and use the standard RGB for all my string properties.

I use a sequence of 30 seconds all red, 30 seconds of all green, 30 seconds of all blue then 30 seconds of all white for my testing.

I was just surprised that i had to change the color order with the new controller.

JonD

It seems there was an update a while back where one was out of order for years and no one noticed it.  Could it be that you are running a newer FPP software version than the older K8?   
 9e17aab9 - Poporacer  - 2023-09-05 15:01:31 -0600 - fix color order to be consistent with convention.

K-State Fan

I am using 7.3.5 this year and would have been on what ever was current last year at Thanksgiving


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poporacer

Quote from: JonD on December 03, 2023, 07:03:59 AMIt seems there was an update a while back where one was out of order for years and no one noticed it.  Could it be that you are running a newer FPP software version than the older K8?   
 9e17aab9 - Poporacer  - 2023-09-05 15:01:31 -0600 - fix color order to be consistent with convention.
LOL, that commit was for the testing so that it would fall into a logical order of RGB, not RBG...But you are on the right track. I fixed an actual bug in the pixel strings code.
https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/commit/5252f1d84c9c369afa4fc6d926f7237ed1f829ac

Quote from: K-State Fan on December 03, 2023, 04:20:45 AMI was just surprised that i had to change the color order with the new controller.
There was bug in FPP since its creation that the color order was incorrect for GBR and BRG strings and was fixed . I found it odd that no-one had reported this bug, but chalked it up to that no one was using strings with that color order. But I guess people just changed the color order until it worked. Hopefully that explains it....
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

JonD

Quote from: Poporacer on December 03, 2023, 11:02:56 AMLOL, that commit was for the testing so that it would fall into a logical order of RGB, not RBG...But you are on the right track. I fixed an actual bug in the pixel strings code.
I was thinking you wrote the patch, and was wondering why you wasn't taking credit for your hard work! :)

Poporacer

Quote from: JonD on December 03, 2023, 12:24:44 PMI was thinking you wrote the patch, and was wondering why you wasn't taking credit for your hard work! :)
To be honest, I forgot about it....but now it looks like my understanding of the code might have been flawed and I broke what wasn't broken...LOL
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

JonD

Quote from: Poporacer on December 03, 2023, 07:10:09 PMTo be honest, I forgot about it....but now it looks like my understanding of the code might have been flawed and I broke what wasn't broken...LOL
I had to adjust some lights this fall as well, but in my case I knew exactly who to blame for it. ;)  I suspect most don't know what the actual order is, just knew it was off and needed adjusted. 

Poporacer

@K-State Fan It looks like my "fix" was based on bad logic....Sorry. Just a FYI the color order will probably be reverted back in the release next year. Just so that you are aware....
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

K-State Fan

Quote from: Poporacer on December 05, 2023, 08:42:41 AM@K-State Fan It looks like my "fix" was based on bad logic....Sorry. Just a FYI the color order will probably be reverted back in the release next year. Just so that you are aware....
Nothing to be sorry about.

I need to make a note about it so I remember but I won't and will forget.



JonD

#11
Quote from: Poporacer on December 05, 2023, 08:42:41 AMIt looks like my "fix" was based on bad logic....Sorry.
Joking aside... my vote (which does not count) is leaving it in the correct color order.   If it was off before and you corrected it, that is a good thing.  Despite his questionable favorite college sports team, K-State was not having issues and was just wondering why there was a difference! :)  Okay maybe not all joking aside! :)

Poporacer

Quote from: JonD on December 05, 2023, 12:23:21 PMmy vote (which does not count)
Neither do mine! LOL

Quote from: JonD on December 05, 2023, 12:23:21 PMIf it was off before and you corrected it, that is a good thing.
The problem is that it really wasn't broke before and I misunderstood the logic....But I still don't understand why I felt it was broken in the first place to feel that I needed to dig in the code.  ??? I don't go looking for code to fix, LOL
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

K-State Fan

Quote from: JonD on December 05, 2023, 12:23:21 PM
Quote from: Poporacer on December 05, 2023, 08:42:41 AMIt looks like my "fix" was based on bad logic....Sorry.
Joking aside... my vote (which does not count) is leaving it in the correct color order.  If it was off before and you corrected it, that is a good thing.  Despite his questionable favorite college sports team, K-State was not having issues and was just wondering why there was a difference! :)  Okay maybe not all joking aside! :)
I will ignore the team comment.

After I changed the color order I had no problems but it does complicate things if you have to have the color order different depending on what controller you have it hooked up to.

JonD

Quote from: K-State Fan on December 06, 2023, 06:21:29 AMI will ignore the team comment.
You should! :)  Not sure if you picked up where I am from.  Iowa State and K-State are both in the Big 12.  I suppose K-State is just fine as long as they are not playing I-State.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Struggling with media playback sync by MichaelD
Today at 03:40:10 AM

strang text behavior with all modell by e.oelberg
February 26, 2024, 11:35:54 AM

Live video with xLights and Falcon Controllers by Laser Falcon
February 24, 2024, 01:20:52 PM

Waveshare 7" Screen by skulltronix
February 23, 2024, 03:36:17 PM

Need to expand by darylc
February 22, 2024, 11:41:01 PM

reviving a bbb on an octoscroller by starsman20
February 22, 2024, 04:34:23 PM

FPP After Hours Music Plugin has been updated by MikeKrebs
February 21, 2024, 10:24:39 PM

Kiosk mode touchscreen by Poporacer
February 19, 2024, 08:57:25 AM

External WiFi Adapter and Antenna by JonB256
February 16, 2024, 08:25:13 AM

troubles getting UCS2904/TM1814 to work properly by ocupmoc
February 12, 2024, 11:15:53 AM

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod