Most Online Today: 111
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 62
Total: 72

Recent posts

Quote from: Poporacer on Today at 08:28:36 AMI would try a boot delay of like 5-10 seconds to give the devices a little more time to initialize. I am not sure if that will work, but worth a shot.

Just added 30 seconds to the boot delay and still nothing.  The adapter comes online for a brief moment and then goes offline until it is removed and then reinserted.

Poporacer, which Dongle are you using?
what more do you need to know? for some reason doesn't let me upload pictures on this chat. but my pi is on a separate network hooked up to the wifi

FPP configuration

IP wifi is - 192.168.1.22
netmask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway is my home network 192.168.1.1

eth0

IP - 192.168.0.150
netmask - 255.255.255.0
gateway is 8.8.8.8

DNS
DNS Server 1 - 192.168.1.1
DNS Server 2 - 8.8.8.8

IP Forwarding is on forwarding on the eth0 one only not sure if it needs to be set on both.

my f16v4 configuration is

IP 192.168.0.151
Gateway is 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
DNS 8.8.8.8

controller is set to zcpp

So im not one to bug and ask for help but I've really hit a wall. I have had a small show for 3 years using a pihat, bought a new house decided to go bigger got a f16v4 and three differential smart v2 receivers. So my problem is I upgraded to the 6.2 raspberry pi4 fpp, and I cannot get my fpp to send any data to my f16.

So I have configured my wifi, setup my etho, and ping works, setup my proxy because that's what the manual said. I can now open my F16 page off the proxy link, just cannot get anything from my FPP to the f16. Not even test mode works or anything. need help im hitting my head on a wall now. They are connect with a switch from pi to f16. just trying to get something going bought a couple of sequences and all mapped out just need to figure this out.

FPP configuration

IP wifi is - 192.168.1.22
netmask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway is my home network 192.168.1.1

eth0

IP - 192.168.0.150
netmask - 255.255.255.0
gateway is 8.8.8.8

DNS
DNS Server 1 - 192.168.1.1
DNS Server 2 - 8.8.8.8

IP Forwarding is on forwarding on the eth0 one only not sure if it needs to be set on both.

my f16v4 configuration is

IP 192.168.0.151
Gateway is 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
DNS 8.8.8.8

controller is set to zcpp

Thank You!
Quote from: aquinones3 on Today at 09:42:36 AMMy problem is I can't get anything out to the controllers and I'm just stuck.
Provide the requested info and maybe someone can help. Without any information we really can't help you. Everyone does things a little different and what works for one, might not work for you.
I have the same issue. If I just plug in the Sound Blaster 3 without anything plugged into the headphone or mic jacks it will display in FPP but if I plug anything into the audio jacks it drops out of FPP. I have tried a powered USB hub but same issue.
My problem is I can't get anything out to the controllers and I'm just stuck. I'm still a newbie, can a show for 3 years on a pi hat but expanded this year with a F16v4 and two smart controllers V2.

so Ive watched all the videos and read the manual like 3 times, I have my wifi setup on my Raspberry pi4 running fpp6.2. I set a static etho connection, and created a proxy. now I can access my falcon f16v4 through the proxy option and opens. but I cannot get the fpp to talk to the f16. no testing works unless I go through the actual board.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Touchscreen
Last post by breese - Today at 08:56:20 AM
Good morning,
@CaptainMurdoch  @Poporacer 
A little follow-up on my touchscreen.
This is not a high priority but I wanted to be sure to bring it up incase it is a bug.

All had been working very well with the PI3b in player mode with FPP 6.2.
I had to switch it over to remote so as my main player could control the pixels on the Pi3b for my sheigh.
While the touchscreen is still working to play the video, if I restart the screen only shows the command prompt screen and if I touch the screen, when the video ends I get a black screen instead of my pictures.

Also, it seems the system is playing something when it starts or completes the video as the screen as Playing on the top of the page, but I cannot see what that is when in remote mode.

If I put the Pi back into player mode, all works as expected.
Is there something different about displaying pictures on the HDMI/FB0 when switching between the player and remote mode?

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

One other thought: It would be nice to have an option to disable a Command Preset.
Thank you as always!
Bob

Quote from: Oxytousc on December 05, 2022, 06:33:28 PMThe problem is getting the Pi to output to the Falcon. I can get it half of the way there
Can you explain a little more? What is "half the way there" mean? Are you letting xLights manage your Controller and FPP device? If not, I would highly recommend doing so, it will make your life so much easier. 

Tell us how you have everything connected together with IP addresses. 
Something like:
Computer to Home network Via Wi-Fi
Network switch connected to home network
FPP connected to Switch
F16 connected to Toaster

And a screenshot of your Controller set up in xLights
Did you use FPP Connect? Show us a screenshot of that page as well.
I would try a boot delay of like 5-10 seconds to give the devices a little more time to initialize. I am not sure if that will work, but worth a shot.