News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.3 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.3

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15659
Latest: PaulDzRGB
New This Month: 9
New This Week: 3
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 128431
Total Topics: 15791
Most Online Today: 32
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 16
Total: 18

I can't access my Output Settings / String Ports

Started by byhova, November 09, 2022, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byhova

I am on v2.59 and I haven't had any problems or issues until tonight. I have only run test through xlights on each port of 100 lights to make sure they all worked. Tonight, I connected everything to the controller to do a test run on my new props. I made the changes I needed to make ran a test for about 5-7 minutes. Just ran through some standard effects everything was fine. I was able to access this page and make the necessary pixel count changes & changed the brightness from 50% to 30%. I ran output to lights on a loop.

I thought, lets lower the brightness a little bit to 20% see if that makes a difference.
Port 1 - 800 Pixels @ 30%
Port 2 - 600 Pixels @ 30%
Port 3 - 800 Pixels @ 30%
Port 4 - 560 Pixels @ 30%

However, whenever I try to access the String Ports this is what I get

This screen just stays here, and I cannot access my string ports now. So, I cannot make any changes to any of the ports. How do I fix this or is this a common problem / easy fix? I have tried rebooting, I also tried powering the unit down for 2 minutes unplugging everything and just powering it back on and the same problem. I can access everything else expect this page.]
You cannot view this attachment.
2019 - First Year 4 ESPixelSticks running 1,000 Pixelbulbs House, Windows, Garage Outline
2020 - 2nd Year - Switched to F16v3 running 4,500 Pixels & PixelBulbs

JonD

Hmmm.  I have not seen this one before.  If no one else has a better suggestion, I would reset the controller to factory defaults and reload the firmware.  Assuming you have tried accessing from multiple computers, and a couple of different browsers to rule out a problem with your computer/browser. 

byhova

Quote from: JonD on November 10, 2022, 04:25:04 AMHmmm.  I have not seen this one before.  If no one else has a better suggestion, I would reset the controller to factory defaults and reload the firmware.  Assuming you have tried accessing from multiple computers, and a couple of different browsers to rule out a problem with your computer/browser. 
I haven't tried different browsers but I have tried on 2 different computers. What is weird is before the test I made changes to the pixel count on the first 4 ports. Then after the test that is what I get. I was able to access it before on both computers also. 
2019 - First Year 4 ESPixelSticks running 1,000 Pixelbulbs House, Windows, Garage Outline

JonD

Quote from: byhova on November 10, 2022, 04:52:57 AMI haven't tried different browsers but I have tried on 2 different computers. What is weird is before the test I made changes to the pixel count on the first 4 ports. Then after the test that is what I get. I was able to access it before on both computers also. 
Sometimes a browser can cache corrupt files.  If it was working prior on both computers and now broken on both, probably a controller issue.  You could try another browser, but not hopeful it will make any difference. 

Firmware is a little aggressive, so not something you want to do unless you need to, but it is not working now.  Here is a video on resetting if you decided to go that route. 

byhova

Quote from: JonD on November 10, 2022, 05:06:13 AM
Quote from: byhova on November 10, 2022, 04:52:57 AMI haven't tried different browsers but I have tried on 2 different computers. What is weird is before the test I made changes to the pixel count on the first 4 ports. Then after the test that is what I get. I was able to access it before on both computers also. 
Sometimes a browser can cache corrupt files.  If it was working prior on both computers and now broken on both, probably a controller issue.  You could try another browser, but not hopeful it will make any difference. 

Firmware is a little aggressive, so not something you want to do unless you need to, but it is not working now.  Here is a video on resetting if you decided to go that route. 

I tried it on both computers again, I unplugged everything last night powered down and left unplugged all night. This morning before work i just powered it up, tried on both computers again along with trying it in different browsers and still the same. It is still the same screen I still do not have access to the string ports page.

JonD

I would guess the settings have corrupted on the controller.  Resetting the controller might resolve this.  You will probably loose your settings, but hopefully you have a recent backup to restore from.  If that does not work, you could try reloading the 2.59 firmware,  If 2.59 will not reload either, I have seen reverting back to 2.55 resolve things, and then update back to 2.59 from there.  Try reloading 2.59 first though, and only go back to 2.55 if all else fails.  I am pulling this out of thin air though.  You could always wait to see if anyone else jumps in, or reach out to Falcon support and see if they will get back to you.

byhova

Quote from: JonD on November 10, 2022, 12:18:48 PMI would guess the settings have corrupted on the controller.  Resetting the controller might resolve this.  You will probably loose your settings, but hopefully you have a recent backup to can restore from.  If that does not work, you could try reloading the 2.59 firmware,  If 2.59 will not reload either, I have seen reverting back to 2.55 resolve things, and then update back to 2.59 from there.  Try reloading 2.59 first though, and only go back to 2.55 if all else fails.  I am pulling this out of thin air though.  You could always wait to see if anyone else jumps in, or reach out to Falcon support and see if they will get back to you.
Alright, Thanks for the information. I am first going to try a factory reset to see if that clears it up and reload it back either with the file or manually. If that doesn't work then I will try the firmware option. I will keep posting with my resultsof what I find works or doesn't work.

byhova

So I was able to fix my problem by doing a Factory Reset of the controller. I had to reload all my info back into the controller but so far so good. Everything is working and I can now access the string port page. I did not have a saved file to load from before the problem occured. I did save it after the problem, but was afraid to use it with the fear that maybe something in there would be corrupt. So I just manually reloaded all my strings & channels. So far so Good. Thanks to everyone that responded with help/suggestions. 

JonD

Glad you're back in business!

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Warning/Error: Network incomplete frames hit 250. by JonD
February 06, 2023, 04:10:22 PM

F16V3 with 2 expansion boards at 40 fps MAX PIXELS per output? by tbone321
February 06, 2023, 10:51:55 AM

F48V4-NS at 40 fps using all 48 pixel output ports? by Poporacer
February 06, 2023, 10:27:09 AM

Unable to update RPi 5.5 to latest version by JonB256