News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 7.5 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/7.5

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 16427
Latest: digilabpg
New This Month: 21
New This Week: 2
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 132342
Total Topics: 16406
Most Online Today: 93
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 62
Total: 63

Recent posts

Falcon Player (FPP) / configuration
Last post by morrydavis - Today at 04:34:20 PM
What have I screwed up under status/control display testing i have a sequence I wanted to test a prop when I select a sequence that has the prop it plays perfectly when I switch to status page and play the same sequence except now its also playing the music  the prop is all screwed up the lighting sequence is all off?
Got to be a configuration issue but I don't know what?
What FPP Command are you using to start the playlist the second and following times?  Are you using "Insert Playlist Immediate"?  If so, you have 440 nested playlists which would consume memory.  You should just set the playlist as repeating and then using the "Next Playlist Item" command to stop the pause and loop back around to the Image entry and display the image again.  FPP will detect that the image has changed if the timestamp is updated and it will reload/rescale/recache the new image.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FP 7.5 Crash after approxi...
Last post by digilabpg - Today at 02:55:21 PM
Quote from: Poporacer on Today at 07:20:39 AM
Quote from: digilabpg on Today at 04:57:22 AMI have a Python script that periodically loads a Playlist that loads a photo in FHD
Can you explain this? Maybe the Script that you are using?

Quote from: digilabpg on Today at 04:57:22 AMafter about 440 loads of the same Playlist FFP crashes
Why is the script loading the playlist 440 times?

Quote from: digilabpg on Today at 04:57:22 AMWhat I'm wondering is if it's possible to prevent the same Playlist being loaded multiple times
It is possible, but there are MANY times that people would actually need to load the same playlist back to back. How would you identify a valid back to back as opposed to an unwanted one? Without more information, it sounds like your script is to blame and not FPP. But I could be wrong.
thanks for your answer,
I load the same Playlist many times because the playlist loads a single image which is immediately paused, the Python Script modifies the image which is reloaded on the screen recalling the same Playlist, this operation is repeated once a second, I have seen that after about 440 times FFPD crashes, I saw that it increases the memory allocation until it is full, I thought this was a problem and I could be doing the procedure wrong.
Thank you.
Last post by digilabpg - Today at 02:43:47 PM
Quote from: digilabpg on Today at 04:57:22 AMgood morning everyone,
I have this problem if anyone can help, I have an RP4 with FFP 7.5 but I also have the same problem with all versions, I have a Python script that periodically loads a Playlist that loads a photo in FHD, after about 440 loads of the same Playlist FFP crashes, I have seen that with each loading of the Playlist the used memory increases until it is almost exhausted, after the crash FPPD restarts and frees the memory but the screen remains off for a few seconds.
What I'm wondering is if it's possible to prevent the same Playlist being loaded multiple times from taking up more and more memory to avoid the Crash.
Thanks very much to anyone who can help me.
thanks for the reply, 
I always load the same Playlist which always loads the same image, the Playlist is immediately paused and the image remains fixed on the screen, the Python script creates a new image with the same name and then reloads the same Playlist , the screen displays the new image and pauses again, this repeats about every second, after about 440 times FFPD crashes, I saw that this operation allocates memory up to full, I thought this was the problem.
thanks for your answer.
I'm really curious what is going on here.  I have 3 picture frames running FPP that display photos all day long with two changing the picture every minute and one changing every 30 seconds and I haven't seen these run out of memory.   fppd has been running since January 5th on one of these since that was the last time I pulled in updates on that particular unit.

A lot of my pictures are pre-sized to 1920x1080 to fit the resolution of the monitor, but some are direct uploads from my iPhone so the are 12 megapixels.  FPP will cache the scaled copy of the image so subsequent iterations displaying the same image will not have to rescale every time the same image is displayed.
F16v4 Pixel Controller (Blue) / Re: F32v5 Release Date
Last post by JonD - Today at 09:14:57 AM
I mainly rework existing lights these days.  I have been redesigning them to make them easier to setout/takedown/store.  Also, have been going to 2" spacing on everything which often requires more ports.  If all the boxes are full in the area, I will add a new box.  When that happens, I shift all the lights around so that props are all grouped together, and each box has a little extra capacity for next year.

During the covid controller shortage, it was impossible to buy controllers so I used SRs instead.  I made a lot of SR boxes with three smart receivers installed in a cg-1500 to get by.  They worked fine, but was not a big fan.  I still have SRs in most of my controllers.  Example... my 32 strand mega-tree has a large star on top, and the SR converts the 32 port box into a 36 port box for the topper.  I only use them in native mode installed permanently in the box.  No more 1a,1b,1c changes, no termination adjustments, no more port labels displaying incorrect information, less likely to accidentally plug an ethernet cable into a RS485 port, and the xlight port list printout is much cleaner.  Nothing wrong with smart mode other than a personal preference to keep things simple. 
Last post by Poporacer - Today at 07:20:39 AM
Quote from: digilabpg on Today at 04:57:22 AMI have a Python script that periodically loads a Playlist that loads a photo in FHD
Can you explain this? Maybe the Script that you are using?

Quote from: digilabpg on Today at 04:57:22 AMafter about 440 loads of the same Playlist FFP crashes
Why is the script loading the playlist 440 times?

Quote from: digilabpg on Today at 04:57:22 AMWhat I'm wondering is if it's possible to prevent the same Playlist being loaded multiple times
It is possible, but there are MANY times that people would actually need to load the same playlist back to back. How would you identify a valid back to back as opposed to an unwanted one? Without more information, it sounds like your script is to blame and not FPP. But I could be wrong.
Falcon Player (FPP) / FP 7.5 Crash after approximate...
Last post by digilabpg - Today at 04:57:22 AM
good morning everyone,
I have this problem if anyone can help, I have an RP4 with FFP 7.5 but I also have the same problem with all versions, I have a Python script that periodically loads a Playlist that loads a photo in FHD, after about 440 loads of the same Playlist FFP crashes, I have seen that with each loading of the Playlist the used memory increases until it is almost exhausted, after the crash FPPD restarts and frees the memory but the screen remains off for a few seconds.
What I'm wondering is if it's possible to prevent the same Playlist being loaded multiple times from taking up more and more memory to avoid the Crash.
Thanks very much to anyone who can help me.
Last post by algerdes - April 22, 2024, 06:22:38 PM
We too move things each year, therefore we set the remotes in their most basic and leave them.  For the most part, one remote for each remote-output off the controllers.  Occasionally, we may daisy chain a couple.
Last post by k6ccc - April 22, 2024, 02:50:19 PM
Quote from: JonD on April 22, 2024, 12:51:23 PMI am personally not a huge fan the 1a,1b,1c,1d,1e,1f adjustments.  Having to change the positions each year when you move them around, and then have all your port labels off is kind of annoying.

Sounds like you move things around too much  :)

I only use two Smart Remote receivers - and it's from the same F4v3.  The "a" unit is used year round and the "b" unit is only used for Christmas (about 4 feet away from the "a" unit).  When I set up the Christmas show, I unplug a termination plug on the 2nd port of the "a" unit and plug in the six foot cable to the "b" unit.  Never need to change settings.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

configuration by morrydavis
Today at 04:34:20 PM

FP 7.5 Crash after approximately 440 loads of the same Playlist, memory full by CaptainMurdoch
Today at 03:48:12 PM

F32v5 Release Date by JonD
Today at 09:14:57 AM

MQTT with Home Assistant, model control only lights up some pixels. by CaptainMurdoch
April 22, 2024, 01:30:45 PM

Looking for a way to "fast forward" a video playlist by Jayl
April 18, 2024, 03:20:31 PM

P9-28 and P9-29 not work by windaube
April 15, 2024, 03:40:34 PM

Resetting or Removing FPP Password (with Windows) by greenreader9
April 14, 2024, 06:21:46 PM

Enclosure for Video Projectors by Scott
April 14, 2024, 12:00:50 PM

Born in the USA by Xmas!
April 13, 2024, 03:25:16 PM

1200w HP Power Supplies by MikeKrebs