Falcon Christmas

PixelController . com => F16v4 Pixel Controller (Blue) => Topic started by: stlscott on June 09, 2022, 08:39:58 AM

Title: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: stlscott on June 09, 2022, 08:39:58 AM
I'm an avid Falcon fan, been using my V2 since 2016, and have wanted to get the V4 since last fall.  I tried to get one last year but Falcon was always out of stock.  I've been looking every few weeks since Jan with no stock in site.  I'm on the "WISH LIST" but that doesn't mean much.  Anyway, does anyone know when there will be more stock available?  I'm really wanting this for the upcoming season.  I've run into the port-pixel limits of my V2 many times now.  I'm not here griping, just trying to get an idea of when I can buy.
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: jnealand on June 09, 2022, 11:48:15 AM
Don't check every week, check every day.  That is what I did and got one a couple of weeks ago.
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: stlscott on June 09, 2022, 03:07:22 PM
Job...family...and other projects... wish I could check it daily.  It would be much better if there was a way to just buy one on back-order and have the order fulfilled in 2 or 3 months when stock is available.
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: stlscott on June 09, 2022, 03:11:10 PM
Already bought 6 SmartReceiver v2.01 boards and both Expansion boards... just waiting to order the F16V4 to go with them!
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: darylc on June 09, 2022, 08:21:22 PM
Quote from: stlscott on June 09, 2022, 03:07:22 PMJob...family...and other projects... wish I could check it daily.  It would be much better if there was a way to just buy one on back-order and have the order fulfilled in 2 or 3 months when stock is available.
He's chosen not to do that because of the uncertain supply ability due to the global IC shortages etc.  Doesn't want people upset if he can't supply in a reasonable time frame (or at all) etc.

At the point the products go on sale, the manufacturing has started so there is certainty.
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: L1011 on June 20, 2022, 07:56:19 AM
I'd like to order one and wait for it too as well, but it doesn't appear that is going to happen. 

Bummer

Falcon user since F16v2  ;D
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: Santacarl on June 28, 2022, 07:57:18 PM
Quote from: L1011 on June 20, 2022, 07:56:19 AMI'd like to order one and wait for it too as well, but it doesn't appear that is going to happen.

Bummer

Falcon user since F16v2  ;D
Me 3..... ;)
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: JonD on June 29, 2022, 08:23:16 AM
Looks like ready to run controllers are available today, but no option for a stand-alone board.
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: stlscott on June 30, 2022, 08:17:46 PM
if there is such high demand why aren't they cranking them out? and if they're not able to why doesn't someone put out an explanation as to what we're waiting for as far as parts go...
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: Poporacer on June 30, 2022, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: stlscott on June 30, 2022, 08:17:46 PMif there is such high demand why aren't they cranking them out?
The same reason you can't find a Raspberry Pi right now. There is a chip shortage.

Quote from: stlscott on June 30, 2022, 08:17:46 PMwhy doesn't someone put out an explanation as to what we're waiting for as far as parts go...
Because this has been all over the news and is no secret.
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: weinrich on July 30, 2022, 01:52:17 PM
Quote from: JonD on June 29, 2022, 08:23:16 AMLooks like ready to run controllers are available today, but no option for a stand-alone board.
Because of the chip shortage, sales are dramatically down, and stand-alone boards don't generate sufficient profit, mainly because these folks don't want to tempt Karma by dramatically raising the price on a small number of boards they do get in stock.  Ready-to-Run bundles on the other hand CAN generate a ton of profit because the multiple "options" make it easy to hide their price gouging.
Title: Re: Any idea when more will be available
Post by: JonD on July 30, 2022, 02:12:39 PM
Quote from: weinrich on July 30, 2022, 01:52:17 PMBecause of the chip shortage, sales are dramatically down, and stand-alone boards don't generate sufficient profit, mainly because these folks don't want to tempt Karma by dramatically raising the price on a small number of boards they do get in stock.  Ready-to-Run bundles on the other hand CAN generate a ton of profit because the multiple "options" make it easy to hide their price gouging.

For most of the shortage the ready to run models have been out of stock, and they have only been selling the stand-alone boards.  It could be that it has been so long since they offered them, that they have several people asking for them.
Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod