(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 47
Total: 53

Recent posts

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP 6.2 ColorLight Issues
Last post by dennismccreery - Today at 08:10:07 PM
When I create a Persistent Name, does it only create it for the device I have highlighted?  Or for all network devices?

Dennis the Menace
Quote from: breese on Today at 06:00:06 PMPossible bad 32G card comes to mind.

Does anyone run anything greater than 32? I was thinking of running a different show on alternating days. 
I have a few other cards so I might try that tonight once it is off. 

Possible bad 32G card comes to mind.
First year really doing this so I guess I dove in a bit. 

New 16V4 running in player mode. Ethernet wired to mesh router. 

Sequences created in xlights. Sent to Controller (32GB card) via FPP Connect. After about 5 or 6, it will go through the process but it doesn't show up on the controller when I go to the controllers page to manage files/ playlists. 

Running 2022.24 Xlights 21 Build FPP. 

16V4 is using 4 ports with an ethernet to run to a differential for other side of house. 

Any input is helpful, sorry a bit new still and learning. 
F16v4 Pixel Controller (Blue) / Re: Falcon V4 Player
Last post by drpiotro - Today at 05:29:09 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought I read priority 5 was the highest?
Try putting your idle at 2 or 3 and then your music ones at 5.

Also, I don't overlap times. It's just one less thing to deal with. My warm white sequence is 5-6pm and then 6-10/6-11 is music again still different priorities.
Quote from: JonD on Today at 03:03:31 PMSorry for wasting your time!
You didn't waste my time at all, I am wrong many times and if I am, I want to know about it so I won't provide incorrect information in the future. Thanks!
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: FPP 6.2 ColorLight Issues
Last post by dennismccreery - Today at 05:06:39 PM
Nope, apparently that wasn't it.  Came up today from power-on with the same error.
Rebooting fixed it.

Not sure where to turn now.

Dennis the Menace
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: snmpd interference with FP...
Last post by Setarcos - Today at 03:55:29 PM
Quote from: JonD on Today at 01:54:38 PMSo without SNMP running you do not get the FPP abnormal message, but as soon as you install it, and setup monitoring it will appear?
The issue only appears if snmpd is running. If I manually stop the snmpd service, the FPP web interface doesn't exhibit the "Abnormal Conditions" warning issue.

Quote from: JonD on Today at 01:54:38 PMHow frequently is your monitor checking the status?  Are you using SNMP v1, v2, or v3?  What version of Pi are you running?
This doesn't appear to be polling interval related as FPP behaves the same if my monitoring server is polling the device, or if SNMP polling is completely disabled. When the monitoring server is running, it polls the Pi every 5 minutes.

I am currently using SNMP v2.

This is with a Pi3B.

So issuing the following:

modprobe -r 8192cu && modprobe 8192cu

will reset the WiFi adapter once it stops working, but only if using the Linux Kernel drivers.  It seems that using the "External" drivers is not loading all drivers needed to run the WiFi interface.

WiFi Drivers: External

root@BBBTree:/home/fpp# lsmod                                                                                                                                             
Module                  Size  Used by                                                                                                                                     
snd_dummy              20480  0                                                                                                                                           
ti_eqep                16384  0                                                                                                                                           
counter                20480  1 ti_eqep                                                                                                                                   
nls_ascii              16384  1                                                                                                                                           
nls_cp437              16384  1                                                                                                                                           
vfat                   24576  1                                                                                                                                           
fat                    69632  1 vfat                                                                                                                                       
zram                   28672  1                                                                                                                                           
zsmalloc               28672  1 zram                                                                                                                                       
8192cu                540672  0                                                                                                                                           
cfg80211              651264  1 8192cu                                                                                                                                     
irq_pruss_intc         20480  0                                                                                                                                           
pru_rproc              28672  1                                                                                                                                           
pruss                  20480  1 pru_rproc 

WiFi Drivers: Linux Kernel

root@BBBTree:/home/fpp# lsmod                                                                                                                                             
Module                  Size  Used by                                                                                                                                     
8192cu                540672  0                                                                                                                                           
snd_dummy              20480  0                                                                                                                                           
rtl8xxxu              114688  0                                                                                                                                           
rtl8192c_common        45056  0                                                                                                                                           
rtlwifi                65536  1 rtl8192c_common                                                                                                                           
mac80211              688128  2 rtlwifi,rtl8xxxu                                                                                                                           
ti_eqep                16384  0                                                                                                                                           
counter                20480  1 ti_eqep                                                                                                                                   
nls_ascii              16384  1                                                                                                                                           
nls_cp437              16384  1                                                                                                                                           
vfat                   24576  1                                                                                                                                           
fat                    69632  1 vfat                                                                                                                                       
libarc4                16384  1 mac80211                                                                                                                                   
zram                   28672  1                                                                                                                                           
zsmalloc               28672  1 zram                                                                                                                                       
cfg80211              651264  4 mac80211,8192cu,rtlwifi,rtl8xxxu                                                                                                           
irq_pruss_intc         20480  0                                                                                                                                           
pru_rproc              28672  1                                                                                                                                           
pruss                  20480  1 pru_rproc 

These two "lsmod" commands were run on the shell from a connection to the eth0 interface right after boot.  Notice the difference in modules loaded, specifically "rtlwifi" and "rtl8192c_common". 

Now just to figure out how to run the modprobe commands after the system is done booting (Assistance would be great, but I will eventually figure it out)....
Yeah sorry but up and running thanks 

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

FPP 6.2 ColorLight Issues by dennismccreery
Today at 08:10:07 PM

FPP Connect Limiting Uploads to 16V4 by drpiotro
Today at 06:28:01 PM

Falcon V4 Player by drpiotro
Today at 05:29:09 PM

f16v4 wont play in Player or Master Mode by Poporacer
Today at 05:07:37 PM

snmpd interference with FPP by Setarcos