News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15298
Latest: mlangseth09
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 13
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 125113
Total Topics: 15242
Most Online Today: 63
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 38
Total: 45

Recent posts

xLights / Re: Sequence issues from Rasbe...
Last post by Poporacer - September 30, 2022, 11:08:19 PM
Quote from: Brent_455 on September 30, 2022, 09:07:36 PMThey're the first 3 lights on the first output of the first controller
What controller?

Quote from: Brent_455 on September 30, 2022, 09:07:36 PMMy output settings on the pi match my controller configuration in xlights as well.
How about screenshots of your Layout and controller pages in xLights and your Controller pixel port page? (Choose the Reply option, not quick Reply)

Quote from: Brent_455 on September 30, 2022, 09:07:36 PMI feel like it's got to be something simple I've done wrong.
It is usually because people are trying to do things the old fashioned way and do it manually (or they miss a step)
Do you have your controller in xLights set for Auto Layout Models, Auto Size and Full xLights control?
Did you use the Visualizer to assign your models to the controller ports? (NOT in the layout section)
Did you upload inputs/outputs?
Did you use FPP Connect to configure your FPP? Post a screenshot of this page as well.

Sell/Trade / Re: 60+ Ray Wu Cables, Pigtail...
Last post by poolprousa - September 30, 2022, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: jnealand on July 31, 2022, 08:10:08 PM@JonB256  You beat me to it Jon and I seem to recall that the seller has a daughter that lives near me.  sigh.
Hey Jim, daughter and hubby back home in Alabama now...good to see you're still active in the hobby; I finally put together a xlights/projector show last year, and have doubled the size for this upcoming season.  I will always remember your gracious hospitality when I visited your home and shop those many years ago...best wishes my friend, maybe we'll meet again soon.
xLights / Sequence issues from Rasberry ...
Last post by Brent_455 - September 30, 2022, 09:07:36 PM
First of all I apologize for my ignorance on this matter but I'm new to this Lifestyle! When I play my sequence from xlights everything works fine but when it's from the pi, only 3 flood lights work. They're the first 3 lights on the first output of the first controller (not sure if that means anything). My output settings on the pi match my controller configuration in xlights as well. I feel like it's got to be something simple I've done wrong but I'm out of ideas at this point!
BeagleBone Black Controllers / Re: New K4-PB wifi problems
Last post by fauxton - September 30, 2022, 07:19:15 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that he has not responded.  Normally he gets back to people right away.  I think they are rather busy with all of the V6 conversion stuff.

I would worry about powering the hub from the 5v source on the board.  I don't know the spec of the regulator he has used.  

P1-1 would be the correct place to pick up 5v.  At that point I would be tempted to just solder a small jumper wire on the board between P1-1 and the 5v pin on the USB jack and then you don't need the hub.  Skip whatever is not passing the power along to the connector.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Upgraded to FPP V6.1.1 - N...
Last post by k6ccc - September 30, 2022, 05:33:04 PM
Quote from: JonD on September 30, 2022, 05:16:25 PMFrom a security stand point, I could never recommend that someone run unprotected network drops out to their front yard.
And the other direction too.  Since the vast majority of E1.31 devices offer absolutely zero security, do you want your kid to hack your FPP or controller?  You put your show on your home network, and your teenage brat (and his or her friends) have total access to your show network.
Last post by JonD - September 30, 2022, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: Poporacer on September 30, 2022, 03:35:44 PMmostly due to the misinformation out there that you are supposed to have a "Show Network"
From a performance stand point, I would agree that most light shows could be run on their home network.  From a security stand point, I could never recommend that someone run unprotected network drops out to their front yard.  There are users that only have a couple of firewalled devices at home, that it would be perfectly fine.  There are others that run small businesses, or work remotely for jobs that it would be a very bad idea.  How do you know which situation the person asking is in?  I sleep better recommending the safest option, but respect not everyone is going to think that way.  Not sure I would consider it misinformation though.  I never tell anyone it can't be done.
Quote from: Poporacer on September 30, 2022, 03:35:44 PMI have found that if it is in the open, people will change anything and everything
Good point...agreed.  Maybe instead of having to go to the UI page and selecting advanced, have an advanced options right on the network page that would display additional options.  Not sure the current process is the easiest I have ever seen. 
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Projector video for just o...
Last post by XmasInGalt - September 30, 2022, 03:54:30 PM
I have a Halloween show that uses 3 pis and 3 projectors (1 as a master and 2 remotes). I also use atmosfx. Each pi has it's on speaker so the sound is near the objects. You can use one pi for the video & sound and another one for the creepy/thunder sounds. To combine video and/or audio tracks, I use Pinnacle Studio.
Last post by Poporacer - September 30, 2022, 03:35:44 PM
Quote from: JonD on September 30, 2022, 03:05:04 PMIt can't be that rare.
Correct, it isn't that rare, but that is mostly due to the misinformation out there that you are supposed to have a "Show Network"

Quote from: JonD on September 30, 2022, 03:05:04 PMit might reduce user frustration if it was out in the open
Through experience and troubleshooting thousands of problems, I have found that if it is in the open, people will change anything and everything that they can without understanding what it is actually doing that just further complicates the problem that they were originally having. I think it is wise for the developers to put layers on the settings to help keep people from messing things up.

Quote from: JonD on September 30, 2022, 03:05:04 PMAlmost every system I use, there is a better way of doing things
That is especially true in the lighting hobby, to an extent. More like there are dozens of ways to make it work, what is best depends on the person using it.

Quote from: JonD on September 30, 2022, 03:05:04 PMif your way of skinning the cat works just fine, you don't need to learn the perfect way.  A dead cat, is a dead cat! 
And if you want to kill the cat in a more difficult way than the suggested methods, you can and the FPP Manual will tell you how to do that! LOL
Last post by JonD - September 30, 2022, 03:05:04 PM
Quote from: bloojoop on September 30, 2022, 02:30:37 PMwhy?  it is rarely needed... in fact, a separate show network is rarely needed.  WAY too many people are following complex instructions for specific use cases that may not really be needed... Regardless, using the Proxy mode for a separate show network is much simpler and less complex.  In this mode routing is NOT needed. 
It can't be that rare.  I have the directions memorized, and have never used the feature.  Mainly because it is a common question, and it might reduce user frustration if it was out in the open.

Almost every system I use, there is a better way of doing things.  Sometimes... if your way of skinning the cat works just fine, you don't need to learn the perfect way.  A dead cat, is a dead cat!  ;)   
Last post by bloojoop - September 30, 2022, 02:30:37 PM
Quote from: JonD on September 30, 2022, 01:44:24 PMIt does seem like a setting that should be on the standard UI setting.
why?  it is rarely needed... in fact, a separate show network is rarely needed.  WAY too many people are following complex instructions for specific use cases that may not really be needed... Regardless, using the Proxy mode for a separate show network is much simpler and less complex.  In this mode routing is NOT needed.  

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Upgraded to FPP V6.1.1 - Network Settings do not have "Interface Routing" option by k6ccc
Today at 11:38:32 AM

60+ Ray Wu Cables, Pigtails, misc by jnealand
Today at 08:57:49 AM

Sequence issues from Rasberry pi by Poporacer
Today at 07:49:10 AM

New K4-PB wifi problems by fauxton
September 30, 2022, 07:19:15 PM

Projector video for just one video source by XmasInGalt
September 30, 2022, 03:54:30 PM

F16V4 port 5 Lights flicker by JonD
September 30, 2022, 01:55:34 PM

Smart receiver 2.01 on F16v3 not sending data by JonD