News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15299
Latest: Psonic
New This Month: 2
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 125123
Total Topics: 15247
Most Online Today: 78
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 41
Total: 42

Pixel 1 port 1 won't light

Started by Santacarl, May 10, 2022, 09:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santacarl

Hey All,

I am testing pixels and set up an F16V3 with 4 ports identically for testing 4 string at a time.  Ports 2-4 work perfectly but Port 1 will not light up pixel #1 in the string of 100.  And yes, I tried another string (same result) and also tried the same string on another port and pixel 1 works.

I checked and there is not a null pixel assigned to that port in configuration.  I also connected another pixel at the end of the string to see if the controller would push over into pixel 101; but it did not so only 99 pixels on the string light up.

I've included an attachment of the Port Configuration page in the Output Settings tab as I know there will be questions.

The E131/Artnet tab has 4 universes each sized at 510.  I tried switching the number to 300 to match identically the number of channels on port 1 but it did not make a difference.

Seems weird and I suppose I could solder in a null pixel and change the count to 101 pixels but that's problematic in itself.

Is there some other place that I'm forgetting about that could cause this?

Thanks...

Kensington Graves

It sure sounds like a channel offset problem.  I'd also check the start channel under the E1.31 settings to make sure that universe starts at channel 1 and not channel 4.  One of those obvious things, but I've missed things like that.

Santacarl

Quote from: Kensington Graves on May 10, 2022, 10:24:43 PMIt sure sounds like a channel offset problem.  I'd also check the start channel under the E1.31 settings to make sure that universe starts at channel 1 and not channel 4.  One of those obvious things, but I've missed things like that.
Thanks for the response Kensington..

So how do you change channel setting in the E1.31 tab?  The only options I see in the addressing mode are either Universe/Start Channel and Absolute....it doesn't let me see what channel it starts on....or am I looking in the wrong place?

Poporacer

If you are testing directly from the F16, there have been some known issues in the test function. Are you selecting all strings? Try testing from xLights.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Santacarl

Here's a weird twist.

If I go to configuration and set port 1 to start on channel 2 or 3 and set the color to white....the first pixel lights up blue..... 

Santacarl

Quote from: Poporacer on May 10, 2022, 11:00:12 PMIf you are testing directly from the F16, there have been some known issues in the test function. Are you selecting all strings? Try testing from xLights.
Yeah...testing directly from the F16.....and based on your other question....I selected ALL ports instead of 1 only and now it's working....

Thanks Poporacer.....at least I know now....and won't think I've lost what's left of my mind..

Poporacer

Quote from: Santacarl on May 10, 2022, 11:03:20 PMand won't think I've lost what's left of my mind..
I replaced the first pixel TWICE on my Mega tree before I found out about the bug.... The first time, I didn't test the pixel beforehand, so I thought I replaced it with a bad pixel, but then when I replaced it with a known good pixel I figured something was wrong.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

new piCaps in the works? by james-s
Today at 01:39:26 PM

Smartthings Integrations by james-s
Today at 01:26:22 PM

PiCap w/Controller? by james-s
Today at 01:13:37 PM

F16V4 port 5 Lights flicker by Martin Lamers
Today at 10:59:19 AM

Advatek Vortex 48 channel DC controller by CeP
Today at 05:34:34 AM

Upgraded to FPP V6.1.1 - Network Settings do not have "Interface Routing" option by Poporacer
October 01, 2022, 10:24:15 PM

FS Kulp K-8B Controller, Complete by poolprousa
October 01, 2022, 08:31:43 PM

60+ Ray Wu Cables, Pigtails, misc by jnealand
October 01, 2022, 08:57:49 AM

Sequence issues from Rasberry pi by Poporacer
October 01, 2022, 07:49:10 AM

New K4-PB wifi problems by fauxton
September 30, 2022, 07:19:15 PM