News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 7.5 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/7.5

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 16397
Latest: Markr90
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 2
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 132070
Total Topics: 16371
Most Online Today: 95
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 72
Total: 73

Setting up the BBB

Started by Keebler, November 10, 2023, 05:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keebler

so in case anyone is curious

the BBB that i have is/was running ver 2.1 of the FPP and needed a update

I downloaded the latest FPP release (in this case it was FPP-v7.2-BBB.img.zip)
after unzipping the file (to a new directory FPP-v7.2-BBB.img)
I found the .img file there waiting.

next I went and found the latest version of RUFUS (in this case it was 4.3) I prefer the portable version.

then I launched Rufus and it immediately found my SDCARD (i used a 32gb 10 card) (shown in the "device" box)
then using the "select" tab i found the FPP-v7.2-BBB.img and selected it.
Rufus automatically shows the Partitioning scheme, Target system, Volume label, File system, and cluster size.
when Rufus shows the status as READY, I simply clicked on the start tab
there were warnings that all data on the device will be destroyed and to click OK to continue

When Rufus was done, I popped the micro sd card out of the sleeve and flipped it over so the copper tabs are facing out (or down if the BBB is sitting upright) and popped it in.

when I powered up the BBB the 4 blue lights blinked on and off for a solid 20 minutes. after which, I was able to access the BBB via the new web portal (in my case it was 192.168.1x.1x0)

the first screen called it self the initial setup
here you decide if you want to setup passwords for the OS (operating system), and the device itself.
then you can set a name for the BBB (I chose FPP-BBB) the system will not allow spaces.
you can also decide if you want to allow the device to send the cape (the daughter board with the sockets)'s serial number to the manufacturer. (i chose not to)
then the system will ask you for time and location. - there are 4 tabs at the bottom that will allow the device to "find" you and set the time zone, gps location, etc. they work quite well
then you must restart/reboot the device to save every thing..

after the device has restarted, click continue setup

then i got a message about the SDCARD having unused space, etc. by selecting the STORAGE option in the message i was taken to a screen that I could expand the SDCARD, or migrate the OS to the BBB. (I chose the later)
after a warning that this WILL take a long time (it took about 20 minutes or less - I did a few errands while i waited -- when i returned there was a message at the bottom of the screen that the migration had been successful)
so i removed the power from the BBB and removed the SDCARD

I returned power to the BBB and within a few seconds the BBB had sprung to life with its new Os firmly in place.

logging back in to the BBB via the web browser was quick and i was presented with a VERY clean and informative start screen.
from there I was able to to navigate through all the tabs (upper right) and see all the options.

note: Ill add screen shots later. Got to busy and forgot to take them.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

strang text behavior with all modell by MikeKrebs
Today at 10:09:03 PM

Choosing P4 Panels / Colorlight by MikeKrebs
Today at 09:55:50 PM

Problem with images in playlist. by CaptainMurdoch
Today at 04:22:46 PM

Struggling with media playback sync by MichaelD
February 27, 2024, 03:40:10 AM

Live video with xLights and Falcon Controllers by Laser Falcon
February 24, 2024, 01:20:52 PM