News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15513
Latest: jonbuddy
New This Month: 21
New This Week: 9
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 127214
Total Topics: 15616
Most Online Today: 78
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 58
Total: 68

Art net Sync

Started by JDDnet, July 22, 2022, 06:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDDnet

Been readjng through the manual to try and find reference into how the sync works on the controller, and was wondering if anyone knew if it used Art Sync protocol? 

Follow question is does it only use Art Sync when it is responding to Artnet? Or does it also function when receiving sACN? 

Noticed the comment in the manual that the Sync reduces the performance of the controller so was wondering what frequency people have founto work? I.e 30hz or 45hz? 

Any insight is appreciated! 

Poporacer

I am pretty sure that the F16 doesn't use ArtSync. What is it you are trying to accomplish and maybe we can steer you in the right direction? 

Quote from: JDDnet on July 22, 2022, 06:16:06 AMNoticed the comment in the manual that the Sync reduces the performance of the controller

What manual? Can you post the information, so we know what you are referring to?  I have not seen any documentation on any controller that indicates that Sync reduces performance? It actually increases performance in most cases.

If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

JDDnet

Having issues of a section of pixel strip is on one universe and the other half is on another universe, so continued after each other. (same port) and you can see the refresh of the different universes during playback. 

Using Artnet Unicast with a hippotizer media server at 45hz. 

Found the Reference in the F16V4 manual but function seems to be available in the same place the latest F16V3 firmware V2.59