Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 49
Total: 57

Falcon PiCap setup for V6.0.2 assistance

Started by yearry, August 11, 2022, 10:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yearry

Received my new PiCap (have it powered and connected to the Raspberry Pi and Falcon 6.0.2 installed and running) but don't have a clue where to start the setup/configuration process so the Falcon software will "see" the PiCap hardware. Please point me to a current Youtube video (I did find an old one from 5 years ago) or other instructional link for some directions. Thanks!

algerdes

If you are using xLights, you may want to let it do the settings for you.  Check with several up here who do that. 

Under channel outputs, click on "Enable PiHat:"  Check the Cape Config of your choice. "PiHat" is what mine is set to.
Interesting that under "channel inputs" nothing is set.  I am using DDP at this time and am still working my way through some of the nuances involved.  (Usually a E131 guy.)

As said at the top of this reply, if you are using xLights - use its automatic setup ability.  Real quick, real easy, and makes making changes a snap.

If you haven't already found it, the FPP manual is at https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual(6.0).pdf

Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!