Members: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82

Xlights channel order problem

Started by bossier17, October 06, 2023, 11:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bossier17

Hi all,

I'm having a problem that I was wondering if someone could help with.   I'm trying to change one of my column matrixes from 1 string with 200 nodes/string and 4 strands/string to 5 strings with 100 nodes/string and 2 strand/string.   I make the changes under the layout section, and it changes the starting channel for all the props after it like it should so they are all still in numerical order with no overlap.    But now I need to find 5 ports to put the matrix in.   Anytime I move any prop to a different port, xlights automatically assigns them all the same start channel and it completely forgets how to keep the channels in order.  I attached two photos - the first is the layout after I make the change to the matrix (called column), and the props are all numbered appropriately.   The problem is you can see on port 9 I have other props that are following the 2nd string of the matrix (bottom garage roof and chromacane 4&5).   When I try to move those to port 1, it gives them all a starting channel of 1 (in the second picture).   If I try to do it in visualizer it won't even let me move them.   It's like it forgot how to renumber the starting channels.    

The other weird thing is (I haven't opened Xlights in a few month) that since I last used Xlights somehow to changed all my models to be a shadow model for Angel.  I don't know how or why it did that - it wasn't like that the last time I used it, but now it is every single prop.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Ryan

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Poporacer

That is because you are manually entering the Start channels....You have them both configured for Start Channel 1. Let xLights manage your controllers! Make sure you have Auto Layout Models, Auto Size and Full xLights control checked on your controller and then open the visualizer...xLights will make everything good "automagically" Or if you are going to manually assign start channels, then YOU have to do all the calculation or assignments.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

bossier17

Thanks!  It was the auto layout that wasn't checked.  

One more quick question - when I change the matrix to 5 strings, it automatically assigns them to 5 consecutive ports.   Can I combine strings to one port?   For example, if I wanted Port 1 to control String one and two (two hundred nodes), port 2 to control string 3 and 4 (also 200 nodes) and port 3 to control string 5 (100 nodes)?   

JonD

Quote from: bossier17 on October 07, 2023, 05:14:33 PMOne more quick question - when I change the matrix to 5 strings, it automatically assigns them to 5 consecutive ports.   Can I combine strings to one port?   For example, if I wanted Port 1 to control String one and two (two hundred nodes), port 2 to control string 3 and 4 (also 200 nodes) and port 3 to control string 5 (100 nodes)?
You can combine strings, but seems like matrix strings have to be equal.  (The shorter 5th string at 100 pixels could be a problem for you)  You could possibly run all 500 off a single port, or 2 strings @ 250pixels would be doable as well, but you would have to power inject the string.  If you want to avoid power injection, 5 ports would be your best option.

Poporacer

Quote from: bossier17 on October 07, 2023, 05:14:33 PMwhen I change the matrix to 5 strings, it automatically assigns them to 5 consecutive ports.
That is because #strings is the number of controller ports you are using....If you hover over the #strings, xLights will give you a message.
You cannot view this attachment.

Quote from: bossier17 on October 07, 2023, 05:14:33 PMCan I combine strings to one port?
yes

Quote from: bossier17 on October 07, 2023, 05:14:33 PMFor example, if I wanted Port 1 to control String one and two (two hundred nodes), port 2 to control string 3 and 4 (also 200 nodes) and port 3 to control string 5 (100 nodes)?
That can be done, but you have to convert the native Matrix Model to a custom model....It is fairly simple, but too much to type....Jump in the Zoom Room and they can walk you through it
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

FPP After Hours Music Plugin has been updated by MikeKrebs
February 21, 2024, 10:24:39 PM

Kiosk mode touchscreen by Poporacer
February 19, 2024, 08:57:25 AM

reviving a bbb on an octoscroller by Poporacer
February 18, 2024, 11:25:33 AM

External WiFi Adapter and Antenna by JonB256
February 16, 2024, 08:25:13 AM

troubles getting UCS2904/TM1814 to work properly by ocupmoc
February 12, 2024, 11:15:53 AM