Most Online Today: 52
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 38
Total: 41

Recent posts

I have 7 FPP BB based controllers all connecting with Wi-Fi at different areas of my yard and house and don't have any issues. Would you happen to have some sort of Wi-Fi mesh system? I know there have been several people with Mesh system that have had similar issues and I believe it stems from the Wi-Fi devices don't handle roaming very well.
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Trying to configure LOR CF...
Last post by tbone321 - Today at 06:35:53 PM
The FPP channel output for LOR appears to be set up correctly and if the lights are working in test mode, that confirms it.  How exactly are you sending the data to these lights?  Are you sending the show file to FPP to play or are you trying to test directly from xLights and sending the data from the xLights and making FPP act as a controller?
Last post by half.fast - Today at 05:41:28 PM
Thanks for responding.  Below are a couple screen shots that are, I think, what you suggested.  The CF50D is set to LOR Unit 1.  It is the only LOR device connected to the RS485 serial port.  Hope there's enough info here.  Thank You.
Ron

Here's the PiCap Serial Port ("Other")config:
You cannot view this attachment.

Xlights Layout:

Xlights FPP Controller screen:
I have been having issues with the wifi connection on my BBB. Bought a new BBB that came with fpp v6.3 loaded on sd card. Made multiple attempts to get the BBB to connect to my home network by wifi. 75% of the time it will not connect. When it does, once you shut fpp down it will not reconnect when restarted.
I can do a scan using xlights scanner and it finds it, but shows it to be off-line
Looking for suggestions, even if that is to reread install fpp.

Always appreciate any help offered

bert-nc
Last post by tbone321 - Today at 12:36:16 PM
Did you configure a LOR output in FPP and if so, did you configure the correct channel numbers for it?  The jumpers on the PiCap for DMX/LOR do not set a protocol, they only set the signal to the correct pins on the RS485 for what you are connecting it to.  A screen shot of the LOR config may help up to see where the issue is.
Last post by k6ccc - Today at 12:21:30 PM
Quote from: half.fast on Today at 12:04:23 PMI really don't want to get involved with DMX if I can avoid it.  All that universe stuff confuses me. 

Universes are EASY.  For a LOR person, the easiest way to think of Universes is the same as different LOR networks.  If you are using DMX over RS-485 networks that makes it essentially exactly like different LOR networks.  If you are using E1.31 (DMX over Ethernet) it adds a little more to it depending on how you are sending the data around.  You generally get to learn a little networking.
I have never run DMX over RS-485, nor have I ever used xLights (and have absolutely zero intent on doing so), so I can't help you at all on those parts.
Last post by half.fast - Today at 12:04:23 PM
JonD,
Thanks  for the reply.  I have been an LOR user for years but know nothing about DMX.  In the connections I described above, I had the PiCap set to LOR using the onboard jumpers. When I could not anything to work using the RJ45 output,   I switched and used the LOR USB-RS485 dongle.  Connected via the dongle, I got the flood to work in Display Testing mode, but nothing when trying to run a sequence. 

I DID get the CF50D to work in Display Testing mode via the PiCap RJ45 serial output (it was a bad cable) but still no joy when I try to run a sequence in any mode on the FPP/PiCap, either using "Sequence" in the Display Testing screen or trying to play a sequence on the main FPP Status Page, "Play" command.

In Display Testing, I set the channel range of 1 to 3, so only the three color channels of the CF50D are used and the last two "strobe" channels are not active.  I assumed that allowing only three channels (1-3) in testing mode would insure that only three channels of data got to the CF50D.  That appears to be the case a testing with just the three channels produces the correct test sequences in "Cycle Patterns".

I conclude that there must be some difference in the addressing or connection when trying to play a sequence versus when in Display Testing mode.  I don't understand that.

I'm not getting complicated by adding in my existing CTB16 at this point.  Just trying to get the floods to work first.

I really don't want to get involved with DMX if I can avoid it.  All that universe stuff confuses me.  Trying to stick with LOR connections.  I guess if all else fails, I'll try to learn the DMX thing.

Thanks for the response.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Ron
F16v4 Pixel Controller (Blue) / raspberry PI 3 / PI 4
Last post by mrfix1 - Today at 07:13:55 AM
I know people are looking for the raspberry pie 3 pie 4 has anybody tried these  before and been successful I just seen these on Amazon the price point seems very good.
I would like some input

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: help getting started, next...
Last post by K-State Fan - Today at 04:42:36 AM
These are the steps I use when installing FPP pretty much what the manual shows.  I do not know what Pi desktop is so I can not help with that.

Download current image from https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases for the device i am starting

Insert SD card into reader I have standardized to a SanDisk Ultra 32 gb

Use SD formatter to format the card

burn image onto sd card using dotnetdisk imager

Place sdcard in pi or BB

hookup network cable to my home network

powerup pi

after a few minutes use advanced IP to scan network so I can see what IP was assigned to the unit.

open Chrome and enter above IP

Then setup FPP to my needs
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: help getting started, next...
Last post by jnealand - January 26, 2023, 08:25:27 PM
In my book, FPP is a Pi OS that has been modified for the lighting community to be smaller and more useful to us.  Using another OS would be as simple as pulling the card with FPP on it and inserting another card with a different OS on it.  Remember that you are working with a very small computer here which can do any amazing amount of things, but it is not Windows or MAC or a mainframe.  When you buy a Pi you get hardware only.  There is not even a hard disk, the uSD is the hard disk.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

wifi issues on BBB running fpp v6.3 by Poporacer
Today at 09:27:05 PM

Trying to configure LOR CF50D Floods on FPP Pi Player with PiCap by tbone321
Today at 06:35:53 PM

raspberry PI 3 / PI 4 by mrfix1
Today at 07:13:55 AM

help getting started, next step? by K-State Fan
Today at 04:42:36 AM

Bug in newest release by tbone321
January 26, 2023, 06:14:26 PM