News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15483
Latest: MrCreed
New This Month: 105
New This Week: 19
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 126937
Total Topics: 15567
Most Online Today: 108
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 54
Total: 62

Clear Shrink Wrap for Micro-Amps

Started by JimWright, September 19, 2016, 12:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimWright

I have seen several threads in this forum concerning Clear Shrink Wrap for the Micro-Amps, but nothing specific.

Can someone tell me the exact size required (3/4"?), an exact source, and part number?
Thanks,
Jim W

EButler

Old question but I recently wired in my uamps and ended up using 3/4" clear double wall (adhesive lined) heat shrink.  There are a variety of sources on Amazon, etc but I purchased mine at buyheatshrink.com.

http://buyheatshrink.com/heatshrinktubing/3to1adhesive.php

The clear worked out really well....good stuff.

Hope this helps you.

Take Care!

JimWright

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the information. Jim

JonB256

I looked at that link but the shipping was more than the heat shrink.

Found some on Ebay instead (25 pieces, pre-cut in 4" pieces), free shipping but who know how long to get here :(
searched for 3/4 3:1 heat shrink clear adhesive
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

jnealand

I have found clear heat shrink at both Micro Center and Fry Electronics.  But have also seen the clear sold out at times, it seems like they do not restock until they are way low on most all heatshrink.  3' for a couple of bucks (I have not had to buy any for over a year so I may not be current on prices).
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

whitebuck

Hello, I can send you some if needed.  I have bulk 3/4" I think which I use, and I would be glad to sell some for a $1.00 per foot plus shipping.  Just PM me.

Thanks,
Mike.

lrhorer

Is that the 3:1 adhesive filled heat-shrink, or the regular 2:1 heat shrink?  I have a good source locally for the 2:1 at about that price, but that's a really good price for the 3:1.

whitebuck

Quote from: lrhorer on January 03, 2017, 04:48:04 PM
Is that the 3:1 adhesive filled heat-shrink, or the regular 2:1 heat shrink?  I have a good source locally for the 2:1 at about that price, but that's a really good price for the 3:1.
My apologies for not answering, somehow I missed this post.  I have 2:1, but I will check on the 3:1 adhesive lined.  I usually just use hot glue at both ends and have not had an issue.  If enough people would be interested, I can probably get the price down to a bit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitebuck

Quote from: whitebuck on January 25, 2017, 03:58:41 PM
Quote from: lrhorer on January 03, 2017, 04:48:04 PM
My apologies for not answering, somehow I missed this post.  I have 2:1, but I will check on the 3:1 adhesive lined.  I usually just use hot glue at both ends and have not had an issue.  If enough people would be interested, I can probably get the price down to a bit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies for this taking so long.  I was able to Verify that a 3:1 Shrink Non Fire Retardant 3/4" dual wall adhesive-lined polyolefin tubing in 1.2 M/Pc is $3.00  (Approximately $0.75/ft plus 3% PayPal Fees, Shipping would be extra depending on how much ordered).  The Minimum quantity is 1000 Meters, so if I can get enough orders, we can make it a pre-sale.  If there is interest, I will be glad to help out.  If there is other sizes, let me know.  I have options available.

arw01

over a half mile of heat shrink seems an excessive minimum!

whitebuck

I see your concern, if I can get a lower quantity I will, the supplier usually works with me.  Small fish, trying to reduce the cost of the hobby!  Once the interest is established, I can try to negotiate a lower order and combine it with other stuff.  Right now, this was the first quote request, and what I mentioned was where I was at as far as specs, cost, etc.....