Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 46
Total: 53

Touchscreen

Started by breese, May 19, 2022, 10:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainMurdoch

The onboard audio is disabled on the PiCap when using the legacy 2-string RPIWS281X channel output.  The RPIWS281X code needs the same PWM functionality that the onboard audio uses, so onboard audio is automatically disabled by FPP.  This is one of the reasons I wrote the new DPIPixels code, because we can leave the onboard audio on, and drive more than 2 strings of WS281X pixels on a Pi.
-
Chris

breese

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on August 13, 2022, 09:58:01 PMThe onboard audio is disabled on the PiCap when using the legacy 2-string RPIWS281X channel output.  The RPIWS281X code needs the same PWM functionality that the onboard audio uses, so onboard audio is automatically disabled by FPP.  This is one of the reasons I wrote the new DPIPixels code, because we can leave the onboard audio on, and drive more than 2 strings of WS281X pixels on a Pi.
How do we fix this?
I thought using GPIO 18 and 19 would not interfere with anything else.

breese

This morning I did a Clean Image of 6.0 for my Pi B+
Only configured the first setup screen and expanded the storage as needed.
The built in audio is still labeled as Dummy

There is also a big issue with boot times and errors associated to 
Aug 14 07:48:43 Sleigh systemd[1]: Failed to start Entropy Daemon based on the HAVEGE algorithm.

Please let me know if there is anything you need to help resolve this.
You cannot see attachments on this board.

Poporacer

Quote from: breese on August 14, 2022, 05:14:16 AMHow do we fix this?
There really isn't a fix since it is working as designed

Quote from: breese on August 14, 2022, 05:14:16 AMI thought using GPIO 18 and 19 would not interfere with anything else.
That is not correct, like Chris said, the "timer" used to output audio is needed to output the pixel data using the old pixel string protocol. So if the Pi is outputting pixel data (through a hat or pins) then the device needed to output audio is being used already.

Quote from: breese on August 14, 2022, 07:06:58 AMThe built in audio is still labeled as Dummy
That is expected like we mentioned.

There is a way to use On-board audio with pixel outputs, that requires a DPIPixel license. Refer to shop.falconplayer.com

I am not sure about your error you posted and I didn't see that error in your logs? (I do see some references to the havege algorithm but not that particular message, but I could have missed it)

Is the system running now with the exception of the Dummy Audio?
Hopefully Chris gets back to you 
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

breese

That is expected like we mentioned.

There is a way to use On-board audio with pixel outputs, that requires a DPIPixel license. Refer to shop.falconplayer.com

I am not sure about your error you posted and I didn't see that error in your logs? (I do see some references to the havege algorithm but not that particular message, but I could have missed it)

Is the system running now with the exception of the Dummy Audio?
Hopefully Chris gets back to you

This is a Clean install with No pixel connections or configurations.
I am only seeing this on the B+, my Pi 4 runs great
The error is all over the place in syslog.
For now I am going to go back to 5.5....

Thanks

breese

So I went back to 5.5.
My pictures are back displaying and the video starts when I touch the screen.
This did not work in 6.02
I now also see (did not realize before) that the audio does show up as Dummy in 5.5.
Thanks

Poporacer

Quote from: breese on August 14, 2022, 08:20:37 AMThis is a Clean install with No pixel connections or configurations.
I am only seeing this on the B+, my Pi 4 runs great
The error logs will display errors that are not necessarily errors for YOUR system. It will test for several different configurations and hardware types and if it isn't present then it will display an error. I am not familiar with this particular error, but it could be that it is testing for hardware that is only on the Pi 4 so that FPP can configure things correctly.

Quote from: breese on August 14, 2022, 09:18:49 AMMy pictures are back displaying and the video starts when I touch the screen.
This did not work in 6.02
I thought you had this fixed with the scripts/process that Chris gave you?

It would be nice if this is an issue to get it fixed in 6.x but would require your help, since the bug seems to be in your particular situation.

breese

Quote from: Poporacer on August 14, 2022, 10:37:37 AMIt would be nice if this is an issue to get it fixed in 6.x but would require your help, since the bug seems to be in your particular situation.
Under 5.5 he did get everything working and now that I have my 5.5 reloaded, everything is back to normal.
Tell me what you all need to fix the picture (or any other issue) with my setup and I will be More than happy to help.

CaptainMurdoch

With FPP v6, the playlist image display code changed to displaying on a Pixel Overlay Model instead of talking directly to the video output on the Pi.  With FPP v6, you have to create a FrameBuffer Pixel Overlay Model to display to the video display (it should be on fb0 I believe).  Then, in the playlist, you will select that model to display the image on.  The video can be setup to display to this model by default as well.  This is done in FPP settings.

I'm not sure about the systemd error, I did a little searching, but haven't found anything yet and don't see that on my Pi 4 running FPP v6.
-
Chris

breese

Thanks. I will look into that change.
What is interesting is the Video that is on the Pi plays perfectly.
So this change only effects pictures such as jpg's?

I have a few different Pi's. Would it be helpful to you all if I made them available to you?
I use Team Viewer a lot and can give access if it would help.

breese

So you all know, I have the following Pi's if you need testing.
2 of the Model B v1.2
1 4 Model 4 2Gig
1 400 (The one with the keyboard)

CaptainMurdoch

The video output code has a setting "Default Video Output Device" that controls where video is played by default.  You can set this to be a HDMI output or a Pixel Overlay Model.  The playlist Image entry can only display to a Pixel Overlay Model.  You should be able to use video out to HDMI and display images to a FrameBuffer type Pixel Overlay Model created for 'fb0' (the first HDMI interface).  One other method would be to have video display to the Pixel Overlay Model, but it is more efficient to display directly to the HDMI interface if you can.
-
Chris

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: breese on August 15, 2022, 11:32:16 AMSo you all know, I have the following Pi's if you need testing.
2 of the Model B v1.2
1 4 Model 4 2Gig
1 400 (The one with the keyboard)

Thanks for the offer.  I think I have all available models except a 3B+, 400, and Zero 2W.  I only have a 1GB model 4B, but the only difference in those is just the memory, so I didn't pay extra for the additional RAM since FPP doesn't need it.
-
Chris

breese

I do not have a Pixel Overlay to use that I can find.
Under 5.5 HDMI worked perfect for both the images and the video.
With 6.02 I can run the video with no issue but no matter what I do, the pictures will not display on the touchscreen.
What am I missing??

You cannot see attachments on this board.

You cannot see attachments on this board. You cannot see attachments on this board.

Poporacer

Quote from: breese on August 19, 2022, 08:31:26 AMI do not have a Pixel Overlay to use that I can find.
It looks like you do have a couple Overlay models, Dash and Underside, I am not sure what those models are for.... If you want to see your Overlay Models go to Input/Output and then Pixel Overlay models.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

K16a-b FPP setup by Dunkelzahn
Today at 06:32:25 PM

OrangePi 3 LTS wifi by ctmal
September 25, 2022, 05:27:37 PM

Pi Top on sale by CeP
September 25, 2022, 04:26:29 PM

no Lights by Poporacer
September 24, 2022, 06:47:12 PM

exceding 24000 starting channels by Poporacer
September 24, 2022, 05:53:25 PM