News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15512
Latest: bfrisan
New This Month: 20
New This Week: 8
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 127205
Total Topics: 15614
Most Online Today: 71
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 39
Total: 41

FPP 5.4 Released!

Started by dkulp, November 23, 2021, 06:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawdust

Quote from: steve123 on December 02, 2021, 07:46:44 AMFor anyone else having this problem, I think the resolution is the ensure that FPP is rebooted after the upgrade to 5.4.1.  I rebooted the Master but I think I recall the remote just restarted FPP.  Both the master and remote reported 5.4.1.  After rebooting the remote the problem does appear to go away.  Release notes should be amended to indicate a reboot is necessary.
I concur....I needed to do a manual reboot after upgrade to 5.4.  If I didn't and updated to 5.4.1 before the reboot, I needed to redo upgrade with 5.4.1FPPOS.  reboot again after 5.4.1 to be sure

jcross

on the new bbb image I've had a person complain that they couldn't get my plugin (fpp-after-hours) working and after a bunch of troubleshooting we found that it was the apt install command failing due to a dpkg issue (E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem)

Just wanted to throw this out to the relevant people in case there is something in the os build causing a conflict :)

brmeadows

Where can I do a feature request for FPP?

One feature I would like to see is some indication of the data flowing through the FPPer.
Both ESPixelstick and Wled have this type of feature.
ESpixelStick firmware has a View Stream, WLED has a peek feature.

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: brmeadows on December 17, 2021, 04:33:42 PMWhere can I do a feature request for FPP?

One feature I would like to see is some indication of the data flowing through the FPPer.
Both ESPixelstick and Wled have this type of feature.
ESpixelStick firmware has a View Stream, WLED has a peek feature.

FPP has an even better feature actually if you are an xLights user.  If you are using xLights to generate your sequences, you can use the FPP's Virtual Display feature and have a live preview of the data.  Currently this only works for users using xLights in 2D mode, but I am working on a patch to allow it to be used with the 3D model layout from xLights.  Uploading your models from xLights using FPP Connect will also upload a config file which tells FPP the visual layout of all the pixels and FPP can use this to display a preview on either the HDMI output on a Pi or on a web browser page.  The web version works from a PC as well as mobile devices.  In order to get either working, you have to create a Virtual Display or HTTP Virtual Display channel output on the Channel Outputs page on the "Other" tab.
-
Chris

Bassun

Anyone had any issues with 5.4 causing F16v2's to just lock up?  I've had other issues this year, and ended up replacing the FPP with a 4B.  Finally got everything set back up and tested.  Seemed to work ok.  Then while running some sequences it locked up.  Reset, ran for a bit - then locked up again.  (This was a FSEQ only that kept locking up).  Gave up on that after seeing issues here and hoped that somehow that was related.

Reset the f16v2 again, and when show time was to start, just nothing.  I pulled up the audio from the FPP to see if it was in fact playing the sequence, and it was.  F16 just isn't responding to the network data now...ie I suspect it is locked up again - this time there just didn't happen to be any lights on when it did.

jnealand

Not having your issues.  I have 3 F16v2 r & b, but I stopped updating at 5.3.1  So far they have been working great.  The only remotes running 5.4.1 are a BBB and a BBG.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Bassun

Quote from: jnealand on December 18, 2021, 07:11:44 PMNot having your issues.  I have 3 F16v2 r & b, but I stopped updating at 5.3.1  So far they have been working great.  The only remotes running 5.4.1 are a BBB and a BBG.
Ok thanks Jim.  I suspect I've got some setting I've overlooked wrong on the FPP... Just need to figure it out.  It's been rainy the last few days, maybe I've got some wet connections causing havoc.  Never been an issue before, but this year it's just been issue after issue lol.  Thanks for your input though!

Bassun

Well, you can remove networking issues from the list of potential things to look at.  I found the problem, and it is not software related at all.  My Cat5 has been damaged.  Now I'm wondering if that didn't lead to some of the other issues I've had.  Oh well.  Least now I know.

k6ccc

Layer 1 strikes again...
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
My show website:  http://newburghlights.org

Jim

drlucas

Quote from: Bassun on December 18, 2021, 03:42:36 PMAnyone had any issues with 5.4 causing F16v2's to just lock up?  I've had other issues this year, and ended up replacing the FPP with a 4B.  Finally got everything set back up and tested.  Seemed to work ok.  Then while running some sequences it locked up.  Reset, ran for a bit - then locked up again.  (This was a FSEQ only that kept locking up).  Gave up on that after seeing issues here and hoped that somehow that was related.

Reset the f16v2 again, and when show time was to start, just nothing.  I pulled up the audio from the FPP to see if it was in fact playing the sequence, and it was.  F16 just isn't responding to the network data now...ie I suspect it is locked up again - this time there just didn't happen to be any lights on when it did.

I have a F16v2 (blue) running v1.04 and having the same issue...I can't replicate the problem but once every day or so it freezes on me and have to power cycle it. I'm thinking of replacing it from the show as I want to leave the show up and running but heading out for Christmas Eve and worried it will lock up again. I would upgrade to the latest firmware to see if that fixes it, but for the life of me can't get the USB port to be detected under my surface on win10 so just likely going to retire the hardware at the end of the season.

Controller Information:

Name:   F16V2   SW Version:   F16V2 - v1.04
Uptime:   00:23:21   Processor Temp:   38°C (100°F)
Temp. 1:   19°C (66°F)   Temp. 2   Sensor not connected
Voltage 1:   12.3 V   Voltage 2   14.3 V
Ryan

JonB256

I have v1.11 b006 installed on my F16v2 (Blue) and it runs flawlessly.
The v1.04 firmware is pretty old (2015).
I seem to have a "f16V2blue_b022.fal" file also, but have left my Blue as shown above.

Do you have easy access to update? (it is more involved than updating an F16V3)
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

drlucas

I am likely pulling it out of the show today and will then be able to try to update it. if there is a way to update via pickit if I can't get the USB to update I can try that method too...but for now can't seem to get the falcon updater to recognize it.
Ryan

JonB256

While the V2-blue does have pins for a Pickit, I don't recall Dave Pitts ever releasing the file for that. The quality of USB cable seemed to be the biggest problem I had updating the firmware. After my last update proved stable, I haven't tried again. (and probably won't)

If you have trouble locating any of those old files, let me know. I probably have them in my excessively long Download folder.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

pixelpuppy

Quote from: drlucas on December 22, 2021, 08:32:08 AMif I can't get the USB to update I can try that method too...but for now can't seem to get the falcon updater to recognize it.
Quote from: JonB256 on December 22, 2021, 11:08:57 AMThe quality of USB cable seemed to be the biggest problem I had updating the firmware

Make sure its a true USB *Data* cable and not just a USB *Charging* cable.  There is a difference
-Mark

drlucas

this is where I wish I had an android and not iPhones.....I guess I can order a data/sync cable and put that to rest.
Ryan

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

INK1003 strips not playing nice with F16V4 by battle79
Today at 03:13:41 AM

FPP Playlist by LedMutt
Today at 02:29:01 AM

FPP install script on Ubuntu, no video by darylc
Today at 01:37:05 AM

f16v4 wont play in Player or Master Mode by Oxytousc
December 04, 2022, 10:33:43 PM

K8-PB Network Issue by Kensington Graves