Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 66
Total: 69

FPP 5.4 Released!

Started by dkulp, November 23, 2021, 06:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drlucas

cable arrived, same issue - at least now I have a good data cable. I just need to get a ups that I can power cycle the device if I lose a ping heartbeat....I'm sure that will be cheaper than just getting another F16 right?

Ryan

Aaron Maue

Quote from: drlucas on December 23, 2021, 02:18:54 PMcable arrived, same issue - at least now I have a good data cable. I just need to get a ups that I can power cycle the device if I lose a ping heartbeat....I'm sure that will be cheaper than just getting another F16 right?

Another idea (which I haven't tried, but I think others use) is a wifi outlet, if that works.  I'm guessing that's even cheaper than the UPS.

drlucas

yeah....that will be the solution I go with Aaron.
Ryan

brmeadows

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on December 17, 2021, 05:13:39 PM
Quote from: brmeadows on December 17, 2021, 04:33:42 PMWhere can I do a feature request for FPP?

One feature I would like to see is some indication of the data flowing through the FPPer.
Both ESPixelstick and Wled have this type of feature.
ESpixelStick firmware has a View Stream, WLED has a peek feature.

FPP has an even better feature actually if you are an xLights user.  If you are using xLights to generate your sequences, you can use the FPP's Virtual Display feature and have a live preview of the data.  Currently this only works for users using xLights in 2D mode, but I am working on a patch to allow it to be used with the 3D model layout from xLights.  Uploading your models from xLights using FPP Connect will also upload a config file which tells FPP the visual layout of all the pixels and FPP can use this to display a preview on either the HDMI output on a Pi or on a web browser page.  The web version works from a PC as well as mobile devices.  In order to get either working, you have to create a Virtual Display or HTTP Virtual Display channel output on the Channel Outputs page on the "Other" tab.

Ok, I created a HTTP VDisplay, how do I see the output? Is there a Http port that I should connect to?

Wow didn't know that feature was there. I have it setup now. I am using the Raspberry Pi FPP as headless. I have VNC as the display.

Thank you.

Poporacer

Quote from: brmeadows on July 04, 2022, 06:04:11 AMOk I created a HTTP VDisplay, how do I see the output? Is there a Http port that I should connect to?
Did you look in the Manual? https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual(5.5).pdf#page=151

It is in the Status menu
You cannot view this attachment.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.