Most Online Today: 86
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 41
Total: 45

Recent posts

Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Projector video for just o...
Last post by Poporacer - Today at 09:21:09 PM
Quote from: mcnugget on Today at 08:43:03 PMthe video section in the manual suggested that you can just use the main player output to send video, audio, and the sequence by simply using a video mp4 as the sequence media.
That is correct

Quote from: mcnugget on Today at 08:43:03 PMThe main thin I ran into so far is on the fpp, when using the video as media, it asks which model to out on. I guess I would have assumed it was just straight to hdmi. 
You can send it to other props as well, in your case use HDMI
Falcon Player (FPP) / Re: Projector video for just o...
Last post by mcnugget - Today at 08:43:03 PM
Thanks, at the moment I just have one pi, and it seemed to me that the video section in the manual suggested that you can just use the main player output to send video, audio, and the sequence by simply using a video mp4 as the sequence media. I was hoping to just give this a shot. The main thin I ran into so far is on the fpp, when using the video as media, it asks which model to out on. I guess I would have assumed it was just straight to hdmi. 
Falcon PiCap / Re: PiCap w/Controller?
Last post by james-s - Today at 05:06:52 PM
Quote from: jnealand on Today at 02:37:57 PMI have multiple F16s each with their own Pi attached via a short ethernet cable.  The Pi runs as an FPP remote and controls the F16.
I forgot about the remote feature.  That makes sense now. 

I've started with the PiCap as my initials kickoff as it was available and affordable to go with my RPi.  Now I am doing my first enclosure I am thinking forward how to have a main controller enclosure and just run remotes as a distributed configuration.  I think I now have a better understanding.  Thanks for the input!
It might be worth checking voltage reading at board from PS....can't hurt.
Can't think of any reason from the controller side why port 5 would flicker and the other ports would work fine.  Have seen some weird expansion cable issues, but assuming the Falcon is configured for "Main Board Only" and no expansion cards installed that rules that out.

Usually when I see flickering, it is low power, or long/bad cable.  Could your brightness settings on the Falcon output ports be lower on port 5 than the rest?  I have never ran across the issue you are having... sorry.

Falcon PiCap / Re: PiCap w/Controller?
Last post by jnealand - Today at 02:37:57 PM
I have multiple F16s each with their own Pi attached via a short ethernet cable.  The Pi runs as an FPP remote and controls the F16.  There is no limitation on installing a Picap on top of that Pi.  I do it because it gives me better and more convenient control of the F16 as a remote.  Could also be a standalone.  I've been doing this for years.  I have no use for the F16v4 as a complete standalone and to me the built in FPP capabilities are not the full FPP remote capabilities.  I have NO data cables in my yard and do not plan to have any in the future.  YMMV.
Falcon PiCap / Re: new piCaps in the works?
Last post by james-s - Today at 01:39:26 PM
I think a cape like controller that is not directly connected to the RPi would be a good hardware configuration.  I know this is nothing much different than say a standalone FxxV4 controller but using a gpio ribbon connection would free up a controller for ethernet ports for remote smart controllers. 

I am toying right now to move my cape off the RPi and sitting it by itself with standoffs and use a ribbon to connect back to the RPi.  I already power the RPi and cape separately so doing this configuration would allow a larger footprint to do more.
3rd Party Integration / Smartthings Integrations
Last post by james-s - Today at 01:26:22 PM
This topic was brought up over in the Official Support group on FB and I thought I would bump the question here.

With Smartthings recently moving to an open API integrations implementation, are there existing or plans to open up FPP to integration into configurable API calls?   Probably not a great need for it but would definitely open up this hobby with smart home integrations which is a big segment and growing every day.
Falcon PiCap / PiCap w/Controller?
Last post by james-s - Today at 01:13:37 PM
Been searching the forum and just Google searches and not finding something I want to ask.  Maybe I have overlooked this answer.

Is it possible to add something like the Falcon F16V4 controller and use the PiCap simultaneously on a single RPi?  Just thinking with the RPi acting as a router to the PiCap via its own network and the PiCap having its own static IP address, the same would be to connect a controller via the RPi ethernet port.

Or, is the PiCap limited to its own dedicated RPi? 

If that is the case, would it be possible to have it participate into a show which includes a standalone F16V4 controller?

My apologies for the multiple questions.  Just wanting to cover the various scenarios I see for the PiCap usage.
Only the F16V4 board, using 4 ps. Moved the pigtails around and installed new pigtails the problem did not follow the pigtails.
The flicker was evident using the XLights test mode as well, however the flicker was not evident when outputting to lights with an XLights sequence.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Projector video for just one video source by Poporacer
Today at 09:21:09 PM

PiCap w/Controller? by james-s
Today at 05:06:52 PM

F16V4 port 5 Lights flicker by rudybuddy
Today at 04:18:23 PM

new piCaps in the works? by james-s
Today at 01:39:26 PM

Smartthings Integrations by james-s
Today at 01:26:22 PM

Advatek Vortex 48 channel DC controller by CeP
Today at 05:34:34 AM

Upgraded to FPP V6.1.1 - Network Settings do not have "Interface Routing" option by Poporacer
October 01, 2022, 10:24:15 PM

FS Kulp K-8B Controller, Complete by poolprousa
October 01, 2022, 08:31:43 PM

60+ Ray Wu Cables, Pigtails, misc by jnealand
October 01, 2022, 08:57:49 AM

Sequence issues from Rasberry pi by Poporacer
October 01, 2022, 07:49:10 AM