News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15492
Latest: Robnation13
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 28
New Today: 5
Stats
Total Posts: 127034
Total Topics: 15585
Most Online Today: 66
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 48
Total: 55

Smart Receiver Lights Flashing

Started by eshupe1@gmail.com, January 01, 2022, 12:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eshupe1@gmail.com

I have a smart receiver that is a direct connect to F48.  Has worked find all season, today all the data lights are flashing off and on.   I have tried unplugging power, I have disconnected and reconnected ethernet connections from both ends.  

Manual doesn't give me a flashing lights memo, only off or on...   Thoughts?  

Also, we did have a rain storm, but it is dry inside.  I have 2 other smart receivers that now  have ports not working.  2 on one, but the data lights aren't on, so will figure that out later, the other one, all 4 data lights are lit, but two aren't working at all.  Able to daisy chain props for this last night. but the flashing light one, is really crimping things.

Thanks for any ideas to trouble shoot

bigwavedave

If you have a cat5 cable tester, I would try testing the cable.  Alternatively, try swapping out the cat5 cable to see if it resolves all of those situations.

jtapoling

Did you ever get an answer on how this happened or what was wrong?

JonD

Quote from: jtapoling on September 21, 2022, 06:27:21 PMDid you ever get an answer on how this happened or what was wrong?
Since you did not mention which version of controller or smart receivers you are using.  Generically, double check that the mode and termination are set correctly.  Make sure your cat5 cable is good, and the cable is under 300ft.  There is no manual for the 2.01 Smart Receiver Differential to the best of my knowledge, but below are directions for the white SR 1.0x version.  They may be the same directions for the 2.0x, but you should not count on it.

Data Indicator LEDs
Near the center of the Differential Smart Receiver are four small LEDs as shown in Figure 2-1.  Each of the four LEDs corresponds one of the four Pixel Output Ports.  These LEDs will illuminate if data is being received by the Differential Receiver, which indicates that the receiver is properly connected.  The data being sent can be either show data or test data from the controller (not test from the Differential Smart Receiver).

All four of the LEDs will be lit if the connection is working properly.  If any or all of the LEDs are not lit, it is an indication that there is a connection problem between the receiver and the controller.  The LEDs correspond to the four ports on each receiver sequentially from left to right.

Figure 2-6 - Data Indicator LEDs

When all four LEDs are off, there is no connection between the controller and the receiver.  Common causes of this are:
  • Cable is not fully plugged in at one or both ends.
  • Cable is connected to something other than what it was intended to be connected to.
  • Cable has been cut or damaged somewhere between the controller and receiver.
  • Power is not applied to the Differential Smart Receiver.

If only some LEDs are on and some are off, common causes are:
  • The cable ends were not properly made or were not made using the same wiring standard on both ends. 
  • One or more of the wires on the cable has been damaged.
  • There is a bent pin in the jack on either the controller or the receiver.

In addition to indicating if there is a problem receiving data on the receiver, these LEDs can be used to verify the location of the receiver.  During setup it is easy for wires to get crossed or confused, then connected to the wrong Differential Receiver Ports on the controller, thereby resulting in the wrong lights turning on and off during the show.  To verify which differential receiver is connected to which controller output port, connect only a single receiver at a time to the controller and locate the receiver which has the Data Indicator LEDs on.  Doing this for each port or receiver on an individual basis when setting up a display can verify that all receivers are properly located and attached to the controller, which can help minimize problems later.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Fpp 6.2 ui password by Sawdust
Today at 06:19:14 AM

FPP RPi 4 GPIO Big Button question by tynmar
Today at 06:08:16 AM

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by dkulp
Today at 05:27:12 AM

Remote Relay Control by MGHaff007
Today at 05:03:25 AM

Unable to donate on PayPal by darylc
Today at 04:15:05 AM