News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15472
Latest: Moores351
New This Month: 94
New This Week: 9
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 126839
Total Topics: 15548
Most Online Today: 107
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 41
Total: 46

Struggling with new P5 and PocketScroller

Started by etorres, September 06, 2022, 11:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etorres

I've decided to build a new tune to sign with some P5 panels. I've never used panels in the past so this is all new to me. I've been using FPP for years though so not a newbie on that front.

I've got them generally working but can't get rid of the flashing/partial drawing (see the video link). The panels seem to alternate between drawing everything and doing a partial draw (attached pics). I've looked through all the settings, Googled the problem, etc. but am stuck. What should I be looking at and/or how should I approach diagnosing the problem?

Here's my setup:
I've got two FPP instances. The one driving the show is an ethernet connected Pi 3 Model B running FPP 6.0.2. Output is DDP for the panels. Minimal other network traffic coming from that Pi.

The second is in remote mode on wifi. Panels are brand new indoor 1/16 scan P5's from Wired Watts, Pocket Beagle A2b, PocketScroller v2.2, FPP 6.0.2 with the latest OS, EDUP 1300 Mbps USB dongle.

Any help on what I should be investigating would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zh-7KpQq5EqY7YnNya7DdA-n-SvumEkI/view?usp=sharing

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

etorres

Well, I eventually got it working properly but I'm not exactly sure how.  ::)  The PocketScroller test and FPP display testing were both working so I figured it was some sort of FPP configuration issue. I went through the manual and messed with some settings to make sure I was just relying on DDP with no Multisync and eventually it worked. Very happy even if I don't know the exact setting I had wrong... 

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics