News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15506
Latest: rbatch
New This Month: 14
New This Week: 6
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 127164
Total Topics: 15603
Most Online Today: 61
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 55
Total: 60

FPP 6.1 Released!

Started by dkulp, September 16, 2022, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkulp

FPP 6.1 Released!

This is mostly a bug fix release to fix issues encountered since 6.0.

Note: There are a few OS level changes.  New OS level is 2022-09.

Enhancements
  • Updated systemd-networkd/wpasupplicant to better support WIFI roaming (requires OS update)
  • New "BBShiftString" output which can provide significantly larger controllers and support future Beagle hardware
  • In some limited cases, allow input actions defined on gpio inputs page to override cape provided actions
  • Add many common causes of "Cannot start output XXXXX" to the warnings displayed right in the UI thus not requiring examining of the logs
  • Display the value of range sliders when adjusting FPP Commands (example: WLED effects)
  • Add warning if storage space is getting low
  • New version of ccache installed, this potentially allows faster updates for developers on master branch (by setting a ccache property) (requires OS update)
  • Change thumb color of RGB sliders on Display Testing page
  • Added some configs/scripts to help configure FPP to boot/run from USB SSD on Pi 4's
  • Add an auto-showing/hidden 'Top' button to scroll to top of page
  • Standardize WiFi level to use Link Quality normalized to 0-100 range
  • Added 4 channel support to rpi_ws281x

Bug Fixes
  • Garbled/stuttering audio output (requires reboot)
  • Plugin upgrades not calling the proper upgrade scripts which may be needed to rebuild the plugin
  • Several older WIFI adapters that worked with 5.5 were not working with 6.0 (requires OS update)
  • Problems pinging github from certain countries were preventing updates
  • Always show storage tab if SD card needs expanding
  • Change timing for V2 smart receivers to support the latest batch from Falcon
  • Fix exim4 mail install and configuration
  • Fix calling some python scripts due to Debian upgrade from python -> python3
  • Fix upload of large files
  • Fix pixel strings UI bug when expansion ports are disabled
  • Fix elapsed time reported for Pause playlist entry items
  • Fix fallback interface for UDP channel outputs
  • Allow access to REST API from localhost when using UI password
  • Add Warning banner for BBB48String for unlicensed strings
  • Fix multisync of videos
  • Remove the rules on BBB that create the SoftAp0 interface on BBBW and BBGGW

Installation Instructions
If you have a system running 6.x, you can go to the FPP about page (about.php) and click on the "Manual Update" button. At that point, a big green "Upgrade" bar should appear on the main status page. Click on that to start the update process. It may take a long time to upgrade. Likely 5-10 minutes. You will need to reboot after the upgrade is complete to finish the upgrade process.

NOTE: The WIFI updates are an OS level update and will require using the "fppos" method to update to the 2022-09 OS level.

For users of FPP 5.x or older, it is strongly recommended to do a full "OS Level" upgrade or re-image instead of attempting to upgrade directly from any older FPP version. There are several new features that will not work if an OS level upgrade is not done. There are two ways to do so:

• Re-image - you can backup your 5.x configuration, create a new image, and restore the configuration.
  • In-place upgrade - this requires you to have FPP 5.5 and all the updates for 5.5 already running on the device. Download the appropriate "fppos" file to your computer. Make sure the file extension is still fppos (some browsers will rename it). Upload it to the "File Manager" on the FPP instance. Then go to the about page. Under the normal "Manual Upgrade", a new Upgrade OS button should appear. Click it and wait a LONG time. When done, it should reboot into 6.1. At that point, go to the Uploads tab of the FPP File Manager and delete the fppos file. Note: In SOME cases, the reboot will fail due to library replacement. In that case, a power cycle may be required to get it back up and running.

Selecting an image
For Raspberry Pi series including Pi B, Pi B+, Pi 3, Pi 3+, Pi 4 and Pi Zero use this image
https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/download/6.1/FPP-v6.1-Pi.img.zip

For Beaglebone Black, Beaglebone Green, PocketBeagle, and Beaglebone Green Gateway use this image
https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/download/6.1/FPP-v6.1-BBB.img.zip
Daniel Kulp - https://kulplights.com

dkulp

New Pi image is up.
Daniel Kulp - https://kulplights.com

breese

I upgraded both my Pi's.
Now I find both have multisync turned on and creating unwanted cpu and network loads.
How do I turn this off as I did not turn it on to start with....

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

JonD

The upgrade removed the "(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred" errors in the "/var/log/syslog" file.

"Sep  6 04:09:35 XMas-FPP fppd[1742]: ALSA lib pcm.c:8545:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred"

I am now getting the below errors in the "/var/log/syslog" file at every song change.

Sep 17 06:38:07 XMas-FPP fppd[20452]: Radiotext changed to: Run Run Rudolph
Sep 17 06:38:07 XMas-FPP fppd[20436]: Exception ignored in: <__main__.Logger object at 0xb67982e0>
Sep 17 06:38:07 XMas-FPP fppd[20436]: AttributeError: 'Logger' object has no attribute 'flush'
Sep 17 06:38:07 XMas-FPP fppd[20436]: My type args: media
Sep 17 06:38:07 XMas-FPP fppd[20436]: My data args: {"Media":"Run Run Rudolph.mp3","Sequence":"Run Run Rudolph.fseq","artist":"Kelly Clarkson","bitrate":"259","channels":"2","length":"148","sampleRate":"44100","title":"Run Run Rudolph","type":"both"}
Sep 17 06:38:07 XMas-FPP fppd[20436]: Title: Run Run Rudolph
Sep 17 06:38:07 XMas-FPP fppd[20436]: Directory: /home/fpp/media/plugins/fpp-edmrds
Sep 17 06:39:01 XMas-FPP CRON[20461]: (root) CMD (  [ -x /usr/lib/php/sessionclean ] && if [ ! -d /run/systemd/system ]; then /usr/lib/php/sessionclean; fi)
Sep 17 06:39:01 XMas-FPP systemd[1]: Starting Clean php session files...
Sep 17 06:39:02 XMas-FPP systemd[1]: phpsessionclean.service: Succeeded.
Sep 17 06:39:02 XMas-FPP systemd[1]: Finished Clean php session files.
Sep 17 06:40:37 XMas-FPP fppd[20535]: Radiotext changed to: September
Sep 17 06:40:37 XMas-FPP fppd[20519]: Exception ignored in: <__main__.Logger object at 0xb67292e0>
Sep 17 06:40:37 XMas-FPP fppd[20519]: AttributeError: 'Logger' object has no attribute 'flush'
Sep 17 06:40:37 XMas-FPP fppd[20519]: My type args: media
Sep 17 06:40:37 XMas-FPP fppd[20519]: My data args: {"Media":"September.mp3","Sequence":"September.fseq","artist":"Earth, Wind, and Fire","bitrate":"202","channels":"2","length":"129","sampleRate":"44100","title":"September","type":"both"}
Sep 17 06:40:37 XMas-FPP fppd[20519]: Title: September
Sep 17 06:40:37 XMas-FPP fppd[20519]: Directory: /home/fpp/media/plugins/fpp-edmrds

Everything seems to play fine, but the error did not exist prior to upgrading to 6.1.

Poporacer

Quote from: breese on September 17, 2022, 04:24:25 AMNow I find both have multisync turned on and creating unwanted cpu and network loads.
What makes you think that Multisync is turned on and causing those problems?
Quote from: breese on September 17, 2022, 04:24:25 AMHow do I turn this off as I did not turn it on to start with
It is NOT turned on.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

breese

Then what is this happening in the Multisync tab?
Seems the 2 Pi's are communicating for some reason.

Poporacer

Quote from: breese on September 17, 2022, 08:52:19 AMThen what is this happening in the Multisync tab?
Um showing you your devices?

Quote from: breese on September 17, 2022, 08:52:19 AMSeems the 2 Pi's are communicating for some reason.
EVERY device on your network is communicating. The Multisync tab has evolved greatly and is now kind of like a Swiss Army knife for FPP. It will list all of your FPP devices (and some controllers) with a ton of relevant information and give you an overall snapshot of your show and potential problems can be identified quickly. And you can check the status and perform actions on one or all devices in your show all from this page. ALL discovered FPP devices/controllers will show in this page, just because they are listed doesn't mean that they are sending MultiSync packets to each other. And MultiSync  packets are EXTREMELY small and ONLY sent out when you have songs playing. I did notice that you have both devices configured as a player? The is not a typical method but isn't wrong either depending on your show. (The MultiSync page came in handy to see that instead of opening each controller and looking)
If you want more info on the MultiSync page, then it is covered in the Manual
https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual(6.0).pdf#page=50

jpkroeker

I just upgraded from 5.5 and can't get the multisync to work.  The remote says the master is unreachable.  Any idea on how to debug this?

Poporacer

Quote from: jpkroeker on September 17, 2022, 06:59:03 PMThe remote says the master is unreachable.  
In the future, you should start a new post unless you are answering a post so that your issue doesn't get lost. The "unreachable" could be a temporary reporting condition.

Quote from: jpkroeker on September 17, 2022, 06:59:03 PMand can't get the multisync to work
Exactly what does "can't get to work" mean?? Are you basing this off of the MultiSync page? 

Quote from: jpkroeker on September 17, 2022, 06:59:03 PMAny idea on how to debug this?
Make sure that your Player and remote are fully configured...Sequence files on both, etc.
On your Player, go to the Status page and enable the Repeat option and then play just a sequence that you know is on both devices (not a playlist)
Post a screenshot of your MultiSync page with the Settings section expanded. It might take 2 screenshots to show it all
Then go to your remote and post a screenshot of the Status page,

AAH

Tiny bug/typo. I'm just starting to test a board under 6.1 and have configured as a dpi24 board which limits the outputs to 50 pixels until a signed key is added.
When You go to the cape info page it shows that the limit is 40 and not 50.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

loading playlist by Poporacer
Today at 08:52:57 AM

Linking FPP Run Command to a Button by Poporacer
Today at 08:50:40 AM

Needs Repair by boostedmopars
Today at 08:38:27 AM

Falcon V4 Player by K-State Fan
Today at 07:40:14 AM

Setting Color Order by K-State Fan
Today at 05:59:19 AM

BRP Voting Plugin - Allow others to vote for your songs! by Barkers Random Projects
December 03, 2022, 11:55:24 PM

BBB running 3-4 seconds ahead by MATTS
December 03, 2022, 09:41:41 PM

Remote Pi connection issues by JonD
December 03, 2022, 08:51:55 PM

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by cabrio
December 03, 2022, 08:24:43 PM

Setting up new Falcon f16v4 noob question by Scouser10231
December 03, 2022, 03:45:54 PM