News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15483
Latest: MrCreed
New This Month: 105
New This Week: 19
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 126945
Total Topics: 15568
Most Online Today: 108
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 49
Total: 59

Sensor does not appear in status bar

Started by steve123, October 05, 2022, 03:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve123

I have three of the same controllers (BBB16) with the same version of FPP installed (6.1.1) using an SD image and programmed to the BBB eMMC.

One of the controllers shows the voltage in the status bar.  The other two controllers do not display the voltage.  Is there some way to configure the status bar?  I cannot find an FPP setting that enables or disables this.  

You cannot view this attachment.

JonD

The FPP manual suggests it will automatically show if the device has the feature.
https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual(6.0).pdf

Could one of your controllers be newer than the others?

steve123

Quote from: JonD on October 05, 2022, 05:31:52 PMThe FPP manual suggests it will automatically show if the device has the feature.

Could one of your controllers be newer than the others?
Yeah, that is what I thought.

All the controller capes are identical ... they were manufactured in the same batch.

JonD

Are all the controllers on the same UI level?  Could one be set to basic or advanced compared to the others?  Seems odd that the same batch are showing different options.  Almost makes you think it could be a setting.  I don't own any beagle bone devices, and not the best person to respond to this.  Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

steve123

Quote from: JonD on October 05, 2022, 06:24:29 PMAre all the controllers on the same UI level?  

Almost makes you think it could be a setting.  
All controllers are on the same UI level.

Yes, I have been wondering if there is some setting somewhere that is causing this situation.

I also went through syslog and looked for something that might be related to the sensors but there does not appear to be any log messages I could see.

JonD

If they are all the same model, what happens if you just swap SD cards?  If it is a setting, you would think the issue would follow the SD card. 

steve123

Quote from: JonD on October 05, 2022, 08:59:52 PMIf they are all the same model, what happens if you just swap SD cards?  If it is a setting, you would think the issue would follow the SD card. 
I flashed the eMMC on each BBB so the SD card is configured for media.

There are a couple things I can do along your line of thought.
1.  Remove the SD card and see if that changes anything; and 
2.  Boot from an SD card instead of the eMMC and see if that does anything.

I'll try and let you know.

steve123

One thing I did not mention earlier is the same SD card was used to set up each of the remotes and flash the eMMC.

I booted Remote-3 from eMMC with the SD card removed.  The voltage is still missing from the status bar.

I booted Remote-3 from the SD card used to flash the eMMC.  Same result.

I attempted booting Remote-1 (the unit that behaves properly) with the SD card used to flash the eMMC and it then began misbehaving.  Interestingly, I removed the SD card with the fpp image and inserted the SD card with the media and settings.  I rebooted (using the eMMC image) and the controller would not recognize the SD card with the media and settings.  Moreover, the voltage did not appear in the status bar.  I rebooted several times with the same result.  I then performed a power down reboot and this time the SD card with media and settings was recognized and the voltage appears again in the status bar.

Using the same cape I have seen the voltage displayed in the status bar and not displayed.  So, the issue does appear related to a software configuration setting.

steve123

I figured this out and it appears to be a licensing issue.  If there is not a valid license the sensors are removed.  I checked the FAQ and it does not appear the sensors are intended to be licensed but that is what is happening.  I'll check with the devs to see if they want me to create a GitHub issue.

JonD

Interesting.  Hope you get to the bottom of it!

deanathpc

I'd be interested to know what you find out about this also.  My BBB has never shown that data.  In the About section no sensors are present.
------------------
Dean

Stafford, NY
FPP, F16v2R's, SanDevice, LE's, xLights

steve123

I did post the issue to Github but there has been no further discussion of the issue.

https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/issues/1374

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics