News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15526
Latest: stooge
New This Month: 34
New This Week: 22
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 127390
Total Topics: 15638
Most Online Today: 111
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 45
Total: 53

Matrix Tools not really working

Started by toozie21, November 23, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santacarl

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on December 12, 2014, 08:33:28 PM

Quote from: Santacarl on December 12, 2014, 05:19:16 PM
Well.....got the update this afternoon.  The show came on tonight and out I went to fight the text battle again.

Can you upload a copy of your logs zip so I can take a look at it?  There is a little more logging that will tell me if you are running into the same issue that was affecting others.

Which log(s)....and since I have never done that....do I have to select then hit zip individually for each file or not select and just hit zip to zip everything.....?  Sorry for such a basic question.....but I have never played in this sandpile....

CaptainMurdoch

It is all automatic, you just have to click a button in the FPP UI. Go to the FPP file manager and click on the logs tab.  At the bottom there is a 'zip' button.  Click that and you will be prompted to download a zip file.  Attach that zip file to a post in the thread here and I will take a look at it.
-
Chris

Santacarl

Thanks Chris,

I guess I should have know you'd make it easy....I was thinking I might have to zip each file individually.....

I've attached it....

I appreciate the help.... BTW.... I was wondering.....if I use "enable" and run a text....will my sequenced data come back once I switch back to "disable" during the song?  Or do I have to stop/start Daemon to get back to my regular sequenced stuff?

The reason I ask....when I did my 1 text I noticed it get somewhat lost in all the other stuff from the regular sequence.....so I was wondering if theres a way to send just a clean blank text....then go back to the sequence once it's over.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

toozie21

Cap, in one of your posts above you said:
QuoteNow, if you CTRL-C or kill or killall the perl script, it will clear the block, unlock it, disable it, and close the memory mapped files correctly.

If you are using "kill -9" or "killall -9" to kill the perl script, drop the "-9" part because we don't intercept that signal and it isn't needed anyway, the default TERM signal is good enough to kill the script so you can just run "killall YourScriptName.pl"

I think I am missing something here as the actual thing being run is perl, so I Would have to kill perl, not my script, right?  When I try to kill my script, it doesn't know what it is, but if I kill perl it is happy with the command, but it kills all perl scripts running.
~Jason
www.tooz.us

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: Santacarl on December 13, 2014, 08:27:34 AM
I appreciate the help.... BTW.... I was wondering.....if I use "enable" and run a text....will my sequenced data come back once I switch back to "disable" during the song?  Or do I have to stop/start Daemon to get back to my regular sequenced stuff?

The reason I ask....when I did my 1 text I noticed it get somewhat lost in all the other stuff from the regular sequence.....so I was wondering if theres a way to send just a clean blank text....then go back to the sequence once it's over.....

There are 4 options in the dropdown:

- Disabled - the overlay for this model is disabled, the matrix/tree shows what is in the running sequence
- Enabled - the overlay is enabled and shows what the plugin tells it to show.  this will give you the clean blank text, no sequence data will show through until you switch either back to Disabled or one of the Transparent options.
- Transparent - the overlay is enabled and when a channel is overlayed as non-zero, it overrides the sequence data
- Transparent RGB - the overlay is enabled and when any channel in a RGB triplet of channels is non-zero the whole RGB triplet will come from the overlay instead of the sequence.

When using the Pixel Overlay for RGB pixels, you want to use Enabled or Transparent RGB.  If you use Transparent, you will get very odd colors on your display since it only copies single channels from the overlay data insteaed of all 3.  If the overlay color for a pixel is red and the sequence is blue, then you will get purple since the blue is not zeroed out.  If you use Transparent RGB, the blue from the sequence data would get zeroed out as the whole RGB triplet of channels is copied from the overlay data.

When you change the setting back to 'Disabled' then the sequence data is allowed to show through again.
-
Chris

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: toozie21 on December 15, 2014, 11:42:12 AM
I think I am missing something here as the actual thing being run is perl, so I Would have to kill perl, not my script, right?  When I try to kill my script, it doesn't know what it is, but if I kill perl it is happy with the command, but it kills all perl scripts running.

Yeah, this depends on how the script is run.

Try these instead to kill only the perl running your script:

kill $(pgrep YourScriptName.pl)

or

kill $(ps -edaf | grep YourScriptName.pl | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}')
-
Chris

jnealand

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on December 16, 2014, 07:50:29 AM

- Disabled - the overlay for this model is disabled, the matrix/tree shows what is in the

Another good answer I put in the wiki. 
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Materdaddy

Quote from: jnealand on December 16, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

- Disabled - the overlay for this model is disabled, the matrix/tree shows what is in the

I actually saw his post and thought in my head "this would be great for the wiki"... but did I do anything about it?  No... ::hangs head::

Thank you for your help in getting some things written down!

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: Materdaddy on December 16, 2014, 11:41:18 AM
Quote from: jnealand on December 16, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

I actually saw his post and thought in my head "this would be great for the wiki"... but did I do anything about it?  No... ::hangs head::

Thank you for your help in getting some things written down!

For reference, this info is also in the help page for the MatrixTools plugin.  Just press F1 or hit the link on the top right of the page below the menu.  I should have just cut and pasted from there when I replied earlier. :)
-
Chris

Santacarl

- Enabled - the overlay is enabled and shows what the plugin tells it to show.  this will give you the clean blank text, no sequence data will show through until you switch either back to Disabled or one of the Transparent options.

When using the Pixel Overlay for RGB pixels, you want to use Enabled or Transparent RGB.  If you use Transparent, you will get very odd colors on your display since it only copies single channels from the overlay data insteaed of all 3.  If the overlay color for a pixel is red and the sequence is blue, then you will get purple since the blue is not zeroed out.  If you use Transparent RGB, the blue from the sequence data would get zeroed out as the whole RGB triplet of channels is copied from the overlay data.

When you change the setting back to 'Disabled' then the sequence data is allowed to show through again.

Let me make sure I understand....If I use "Enabled" then my sequence data is NOT displayed at all.....Rather whatever text I type in to the Matrix Tools will be displayed.  If that's the case....when I switch back to "Disabled".... Does the sequence data start back up immediately or will it be the next sequence when it starts back?

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: Santacarl on December 17, 2014, 01:32:18 PM

Let me make sure I understand....If I use "Enabled" then my sequence data is NOT displayed at all.....Rather whatever text I type in to the Matrix Tools will be displayed.  If that's the case....when I switch back to "Disabled".... Does the sequence data start back up immediately or will it be the next sequence when it starts back?

When you switch back to Disabled, the running sequence data will start showing immediately.
-
Chris

toozie21

Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on December 16, 2014, 07:56:22 AM
Quote from: toozie21 on December 15, 2014, 11:42:12 AM

Yeah, this depends on how the script is run.

Try these instead to kill only the perl running your script:

or

Just to loop back to this, the second command worked (the first didn't), thanks.
~Jason
www.tooz.us

CaptainMurdoch

Quote from: toozie21 on January 08, 2015, 09:12:36 AM
Quote from: CaptainMurdoch on December 16, 2014, 07:56:22 AM

or

Just to loop back to this, the second command worked (the first didn't), thanks.

Thanks.  I have to remember to give the second one to people.  The first one doesn't work because the script is just passed as an argument to perl, so the second command just looks for any commands with your script name in the command line.
-
Chris