News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15476
Latest: mergeink
New This Month: 98
New This Week: 13
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 126888
Total Topics: 15559
Most Online Today: 105
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 17
Guests: 67
Total: 84

F16V4 and Lynx Express

Started by breese, April 12, 2022, 01:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breese

I finally have an F16v4.
Can I setup the Lynx Express thru DMX to the F16 and control it with XLights?

darylc

does a lynx express accept DMX data?

breese

1 In, 2 Out
Thats all I know...

darylc

JonB256

Have done it for years. F16v3 and F16v2.
The Lynx Express is the best 16ch AC DMX controller I've used.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

MyKroFt

and too bad the creator of that product banned both David and I from his forums because we started the "Falcon Pi Player" as it was called was back then, and totally destroyed his expensive/late hardware product with 95% less features.....

JonB256

Quote from: MyKroFt on April 14, 2022, 02:04:19 AMand too bad the creator of that product banned both David and I from his forums because we started the "Falcon Pi Player" as it was called was back then, and totally destroyed his expensive/late hardware product with 95% less features.....

Oh, I definitely recall being at a Texas mini when RJ was presenting many of his new Pixelnet products and David stayed in the back as much as possible to avoid him. RJ did not appreciate having his Pixelnet improved by anyone but himself. I've still got a pile of older SSC crap in my shop. I had multiple F16v1s that worked great for me until I finally purged all my Pixelnet. Some are still in use elsewhere.

Rainlover

I have used the "SSC crap" for 11 years. I love how simple it is to use and the fact that I assembled the hubs and controllers myself. It may not have all the bells and whistles that the newer stuff has, but they are easy to use and  they have been bulletproof. As I have expanded my show, I have added Falcon controllers and will add more as I need them. I also still use Lynx Express controllers for my AC lights. 
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

JonB256

Quote from: Rainlover on April 14, 2022, 09:48:17 PMI have used the "SSC crap" for 11 years.

I call it that because it is just clutter, not that it didn't work. (and still would, if plugged in)
The biggest takeaway from Mykroft's comment (and what got RJ so angry) was that the Falcon Firmware that was written for the SSC was better than his, plus people used it and then had the audacity to talk about it on RJ's forum. The F16v1 was better. The FPD output Pixelnet better than RJ's various dongles (of which, that "crap" is still hanging around). My years of LOR protocol, then DMX and Pixelnet and now E1.31 and DDP have been a steady progression in technology.

breese

Quote from: Rainlover on April 14, 2022, 09:48:17 PMI have used the "SSC crap" for 11 years. I love how simple it is to use and the fact that I assembled the hubs and controllers myself. It may not have all the bells and whistles that the newer stuff has, but they are easy to use and  they have been bulletproof. As I have expanded my show, I have added Falcon controllers and will add more as I need them. I also still use Lynx Express controllers for my AC lights.
What AC lights are you running from your Express cards?
Would you share the configuration setup?
My main goal is to run my icicle lights (about 16 of them) from my express and I have zero experience in it.

Rainlover

I have 3 trees that I wrap with AC lights and icicles on my house. You can configure the Falcon serial output to output DMX to a Lynx Express and daisy chain the expresses. 
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

MyKroFt

Not saying that he didn't design some good hardware.  The icing on the cake was the falcon pi player that if I remember we had up and running decent in about 1-2 months, where his hardware player had taken over a year, and was very restrictive on how you had to do things to make it work.  I dont think he ever finished it and released it.  I still have a ton of SSC lights board, 4 port splitters, and 1 or 2 lynx in a box somewhere.

David started working on the fpp software and I started working on the basic web interface - its come a LONG way since version 0.0 :)

lorajoslyn

I have successfully hooked up F16 V2 & V3 controllers with the Lynx Express but I was never able to get the V4 connected.  I gave up, so would be very interested if anyone else was able to make it work. 

breese

Quote from: lorajoslyn on April 18, 2022, 09:07:30 PMI have successfully hooked up F16 V2 & V3 controllers with the Lynx Express but I was never able to get the V4 connected.  I gave up, so would be very interested if anyone else was able to make it work.
Interesting as I only have an F16v4. I am hoping to start testing next week so any advice is welcome......