News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.3 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.3

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15659
Latest: PaulDzRGB
New This Month: 9
New This Week: 3
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 128433
Total Topics: 15791
Most Online Today: 48
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 29
Total: 31

Kulp K8-B intermittent no network on boot

Started by timdt74, November 25, 2022, 01:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

timdt74

Hello all,

Looking for a little help. I shut down all my Pi's and kulp every night and then cut power. I then power up everything 15 minutes before my show starts.

My Kulp K8-B boots with "No Network" about 20% of the time with the other 80% connecting just fine.

I have a dedicated network for my show that only includes the following. Nothing else is on the network.

Router with built in 4 port switch
F16V3 (ethernet to switch) 192.168.1.2
Pi with Matrix hat (wireless) 192.168.1.3 FFP5.3
Kulp K8-B (ethernet to switch) 192.168.1.4 FFP6.2
Pi with Matrix hat (ethernet to switch) 192.168.1.5 FFP6.2
Pi player (ethernet to switch) 192.168.1.6 FFP6.2


I have been experiencing this since last years show when I was running FFP 5.0-5.3. I upgraded to 6.2 this year with a fresh install but I am still experiencing the same issue.

Trouble shooting...
I have changed the ethernet cable multiple times along with changing switch ports.

I have never had an issue with any of the Pi's or F16V3 connecting



Poporacer

Quote from: timdt74 on November 25, 2022, 01:20:50 PMI shut down all my Pi's and kulp every night and then cut power.
Are you shutting down the Router as well? If so, your FPP is probably trying to obtain a connection before your Router is ready, there is a boot delay option that was implemented for this exact scenario.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

timdt74

Quote from: Poporacer on November 25, 2022, 04:38:18 PM
Quote from: timdt74 on November 25, 2022, 01:20:50 PMI shut down all my Pi's and kulp every night and then cut power.
Are you shutting down the Router as well? If so, your FPP is probably trying to obtain a connection before your Router is ready, there is a boot delay option that was implemented for this exact scenario.
I am not shutting down the router, only the pi's, kulp and F16

Kensington Graves

Like Popo said, add a few seconds boot delay under the FPP Settings - System tab.  It will most likely fix your problem.

fauxton

There is a documented problem with a certain revision of the BBB that has a problem where the ethernet phy chip does not come cleanly out of reset and has this behavior.  If you post a good picture of the bottom of the BBB, I can identify it for you.

I dealt with this problem on a large system and it drove us nuts.
I am building pixel interface capes for BBB - http://www.ledpixeldriver.com

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

F16V3 with 2 expansion boards at 40 fps MAX PIXELS per output? by BirdingPix
Today at 02:49:02 PM

Warning/Error: Network incomplete frames hit 250. by JonD
Today at 10:59:15 AM

F48V4-NS at 40 fps using all 48 pixel output ports? by Poporacer
February 06, 2023, 10:27:09 AM

Unable to update RPi 5.5 to latest version by JonB256
February 05, 2023, 07:23:16 PM

help getting started, next step? by rayster
February 05, 2023, 04:24:09 PM

F48v4NS - Pi or No Pi? by joeyblasko
February 05, 2023, 09:15:33 AM

Huidu Controllers LED matrix by CaptainMurdoch
February 04, 2023, 10:18:47 AM

FPP6.2 universes by darylc
February 03, 2023, 08:48:57 PM

F16v4 Ports vs Universe Configuration Question by k6ccc
February 03, 2023, 09:32:48 AM

Need Expert Advise on F16v4 Ports vs Universe Configuration by Kairus
February 03, 2023, 09:32:33 AM

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod