News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15526
Latest: stooge
New This Month: 34
New This Week: 22
New Today: 2
Stats
Total Posts: 127390
Total Topics: 15638
Most Online Today: 111
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 45
Total: 53

ShowHome App LED Light Strip

Started by mcangeli, November 26, 2019, 08:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcangeli

Last year we cleaned out HomeDepot when they marked everything down after christmas (like you all do) and I picked up two of these LED Light Strips.

Generally they're controlled via Blue Tooth and have a limited "light show" capability in the app with some preprogrammed features. After scouring the forums I figured that there wasn't a way to control them via BT with FPP, but I figured I could take them apart and see if I could hook them up and control them another way.

I'm happy to report that running from the built in control box is a three wire connection, V, G and Data.

I hooked up the lights to the right ports and cannibalized
the power supply (its 12v out) to power the pi, picap and the lights.

When hooked up, the FPP will power the lights.

The lights are in sets of three, so with the 90 lights on the strip, there are actually 30 lights (30 sets of 3) with 3 channels and they CAN do the full color spectrum.

Now to see if I can power the second strip from it as well or if I need extra power...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/utZWwarSdGSZTqzC8 - Link to Video of light strip
You cannot view this attachment.

Now to figure out how to use them best.

MikelMD

where did u buy the white power supply that connects into the PiCap?

mcangeli

Quote from: MikelMD on October 01, 2020, 09:14:22 AMwhere did u buy the white power supply that connects into the PiCap?
That came with the strips. Its a 12v power supply, it powers Pi/Picap and two of the GE Strips without any problem.