News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 7.5 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/7.5

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 16398
Latest: blinkyfort
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 132084
Total Topics: 16372
Most Online Today: 83
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

BBB not working when connected to K16A-B

Started by joey1986, November 22, 2023, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey1986

So I bought a K16A-B last year with the plans to use it for a mega tree in this years show. I set it up using two 12V power supplies from wired watts (one for each side of the board). Fired it up for the first time yesterday and despite the jumpers being set for 12V and the other to power the BBB from the board I got nothing. The fuse lights on the K16A-B light and the board has power but nothing to the BBB or to the OLED screen. I double checked and verified that the PSU's were outputting correctly and that they were wired to the board correctly as well. I do not have a 5V barrel adapter so I tried to power using the USB port and it powered on but I could not connect to FPP. I then disassembled and tried to power the BBB and it powered up and I could connect to FPP. I went through the set up processes setting up the network and everything else. I put it back on the K16A-B and again it powered on but could not connect to FPP. As a note when detached the BBB had lights above the USB port flickering but when on the K16A-B no lights above the USB. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I would love to be able to get my show up and running.

k6ccc

Obviously the K16 is not providing power to the BBB.  First guess based on what you have said, is make sure you are mounting the BBB correctly onto the K16.  I don't have one, so I can't help on correct placement.
Using LOR (mostly SuperStar) for all sequencing - using FPP only to drive P5 and P10 panels.
My show website:  http://newburghlights.org

Jim

joey1986

I have verified that it is seated correctly. While it is not providing power I cannot understand why using a seperate power source would still not allow it to power up fully.

K-State Fan

I do not have a K16A-B. Is there a jumper that needs to be in the correct position to power from the board? Page 6 of the manual looks like there might be.

You cannot view this attachment.

algerdes

I have always been told that if you have power selected to be delivered from the board, DO NOT connect a USB power to the BBB directly.

I believe you already know all of this, but just in case ...

Using the image provided:
Jumper at pointer 14 is the selector for powering the BBB from the board.
Jumper at pointer 15 is the 12v/5v voltage select.
Input terminals at 16 are opposite each other, with V++ toward the fuses and V-- toward the outer edge of the board.

I have never used the power button on my K16A-B.  When we power up, it comes up.

Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

tbone321

Did you check to make sure that Jumper 14 is in place and try pressing the power button and see if anything happens.  The USB connection may not be providing enough power to power the BBB and the board.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Wifi on Beagle Bone WB48 by Poporacer
Today at 07:31:36 PM

strang text behavior with all modell by Poporacer
Today at 12:46:31 PM

Playing video to Monitor on RPi4 by TomsLEDs
February 29, 2024, 10:08:20 PM

Problem with images in playlist. by CaptainMurdoch
February 29, 2024, 08:56:43 AM

Choosing P4 Panels / Colorlight by CaptainMurdoch
February 29, 2024, 08:52:41 AM