News:

LATEST RELEASE:  FPP 6.1 - Download from here - https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/6.1

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Site Stats

Members
Total Members: 15511
Latest: courtmija
New This Month: 19
New This Week: 7
New Today: 7
Stats
Total Posts: 127194
Total Topics: 15612
Most Online Today: 85
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 39
Total: 45

F16V4 Player Mode

Started by klu666, November 01, 2021, 05:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klu666

I have not used FPP for F16V3 before. If we use F16V4 Player Mode to play a sequence from the SD card, does it mean we no longer need FPP?

Is there additional benefit to use FPP for F16V4?

Thanks.

darylc

F16v4 player mode is mostly useful if you just have a single controller.

FPP is much more feature rich, flexible and generally the way most people go.

urbanvisuals

Hi, 

Will a single F16V3 in player mode send e1.31 to another connected F16V3? I am hoping to use one unit to playback a recorded sequences, and have both units act as if there's a dedicated controller. 

Thanks,

Nathan

darylc

Quote from: urbanvisuals on November 09, 2021, 10:56:54 AMHi,

Will a single F16V3 in player mode send e1.31 to another connected F16V3? I am hoping to use one unit to playback a recorded sequences, and have both units act as if there's a dedicated controller.
No, I don't believe the F16v3 in player mode can send any e1.31

klu666

After upgrade to build 12, the player stops playing after serval seconds (sometime 15 seconds, sometime 20 seconds). The same playlist used to last until the end of the song (minutes 50 seconds) - a single song/sequence playlist.

Is it a firmware known problem?

I encountered similar issue (stop playing a few seconds) but it was due to a incomplete unloaded WAV file. After I copied the WAV file to the SD card from computer and plug it back to the controller, it worked fine. This time I redid the whole thing, copied both sequence and wav file, recreated the play list - but did not help.

darylc

@klu666 no known problems in build 12 from memory, you could try emailing support@pixelcontroller.com?

klu666

I uploaded the settings from the previous json file, and the controller completed the playlist without stopping. 

I checked the previous debug information (log), it is connecting to times.google.com and complaining won't be able to resolve DNS. Not sure whether this caused the problem.