Total Topics: 15630
Most Online Today: 86
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 4
Guests: 38
Total: 42

Firmware V1.11 b003 - Where to download?

Started by centauri61032, November 06, 2020, 08:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centauri61032

Is there a repository of older firmware files someplace?
I'm looking to install V1.11 b003 for the red board if I can get it.
Or does someone have a copy they can send me?

Thanks!

jnealand

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

centauri61032

That isn't the b003 version. It is the b006 version. I'm looking for the older version.

jnealand

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

centauri61032

Well, I didn't really want to get into it all before more testing. But....

I have 2 controllers. One is running b006 and the other b003.
This year, I added the white expansion boards to both.
Now that they are added, I cannot save the BLANK flag on the string ports on the b006 controller. If I try, exit that screen, and then come back to String Ports, only port 32 is flagged whether I had set it or not.
My b003 controller isn't doing this. It saves the BLANK flag just fine.
I did not have this issue when there wasn't an expansion board installed. This is a new thing.
I tried upgrading to the b022 version on GitHub, and basically bricked the controller. So I restored it back to b006, since that is all I could find available. I wasn't sure if this would fix this anyway. Was just trying things.

So...  I really would like to try the b003 on this same controller, and see if the BLANK flag issue goes away. Or if I have some other issue.

Thanks!

jnealand

I seem to recall that there is an issue using white expansion boards on red controllers and the fix was something to do with removing one pin in the cable.  Or maybe that was blue expansion board on red controllers.  Anyway, I would probably call David Pitts if I was in your shoes. I have one blue F16, 3 reds, and two whites, but I do not use any expansion boards.  I have used a single receiver without an expansion board to give me 20 ports, but that is it.
Jim Nealand

centauri61032

OK, thanks. How does one get in touch with David? I emailed david@pixelcontroller.com, but didn't get a reply.

jnealand

Jim Nealand

jnealand

Found this in my piles of notes.
-------------------------------------------------------
"In my case, I have a "blue" expansion board for the F16v2. To make it work, I cut the #4 wire in the ribbon cable (counting from the red stripe)
Prior "fixes" involved removing the specific pin from the socket - I elected to just modify the ribbon cable.
This was info that I got from David Pitts.

The old (red or blue) expansion boards are only compatible with the old (red or blue) controllers - unless you modify the pin/wire.   The new (white) expansion boards will work with either new or old controllers.
Jim Nealand

centauri61032

OK, thanks.
I found the phone number.
Sounds like the pin thing probably isn't my issue, since I have a red board with white expansion.
Thanks!

JonB256

Personally, I've been using the V2Red version b022 firmware for the last 2 seasons.

It is on Dave Pitt's Github page:

https://github.com/dpitts/f16v3_issues/tree/master/f16v2r

Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

FireMedic4Christ

Quote from: centauri61032 on November 07, 2020, 02:40:44 PM. . . . .
I tried upgrading to the b022 version on GitHub, and basically bricked the controller. So I restored it back to b006, since that is all I could find available. I wasn't sure if this would fix this anyway. Was just trying things. . . .

Found this thread a little to late. I attempted to update to b022 as well and can get anything out of my F16v2R. Were you able to get it back to a previous firmware version? I have tried factory reset and reinstall several different versions via the install tool with no success. Any advise?
Brian

Helenaguy

Quote from: FireMedic4Christ on January 23, 2021, 11:45:15 PM
Quote from: centauri61032 on November 07, 2020, 02:40:44 PM. . . . .
I tried upgrading to the b022 version on GitHub, and basically bricked the controller. So I restored it back to b006, since that is all I could find available. I wasn't sure if this would fix this anyway. Was just trying things. . . .

Found this thread a little to late. I attempted to update to b022 as well and can get anything out of my F16v2R. Were you able to get it back to a previous firmware version? I have tried factory reset and reinstall several different versions via the install tool with no success. Any advise?
I had the same issue and was able to fix today with the USB update tool.  There is a video on process as well as download link on the v2 page.. F16V2-R Pixel Controller - PixelController, LLC

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

1 player/2 remote by Poporacer
Today at 08:07:48 PM

K8-PB Network Issue by Kensington Graves
Today at 07:40:50 PM

Failed V1.03 diff receiver boards by bud29
Today at 07:13:38 PM

FPP not releasing control to WLED when idle by Poporacer
Today at 07:08:31 PM

XLights Variant by Poporacer
Today at 06:56:52 PM