Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 55
Total: 64

F16v2-blue (v1.03) connection to expansion board

Started by Bassun, January 19, 2021, 05:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassun

Hey guys - so quick and simple, I just picked up the expansion board and while the expansion board has a slotted connection so there is no way to connect the ribbon incorrectly, the pins on the F16 itself are not protected.  How does one know which way to connect the ribbon cable to the F16?  I figured there was a video out there but, I have failed at finding one.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Last thing I want to do is fry something because I connected a cable incorrectly, lol.

Thanks!

SuperChuck

Red stripe on ribbon cable is pin 1(also a small triangle on the connector).  On the board outline of the pin header, there should be an indicator for pin 1.

Bassun

Ok cool, thanks.  I will take a look tomorrow.

JonB256

Quote from: SuperChuck on January 19, 2021, 07:07:24 PMRed stripe on ribbon cable is pin 1(also a small triangle on the connector).  On the board outline of the pin header, there should be an indicator for pin 1.
Also, on the back of the board (solder side), Pin 1 should have a "square" around it.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

Bassun

Thanks Jon - but I don't think I would be able to see it as that connector is on a raised board.  At least not easily, lol.  Remember this is one of the OLD OLD blue board V2's.  But I looked at it last night, and looking at the redline as indicating first pin, and the board markings I should be good to go.  Just need to get some standoffs to mount the expansion board then I can do some testing.

Thanks guys!

JonB256

Quote from: Bassun on January 21, 2021, 08:09:59 AMRemember this is one of the OLD OLD blue board V2's.
My "good old" blue V2 just finished another season of perfect performance. The OLED is pretty much burned out but otherwise in perfect condition. The red V2 still keeps going, too.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics