Falcon Christmas

Welcome => Events/Gatherings => Topic started by: smeighan on July 18, 2013, 10:47:39 AM

Title: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on July 18, 2013, 10:47:39 AM
I am working to get another Denver Area get together.

I think we have something like 5 folks in colorado springs
5-10 folks in denver area
i know of 2 people from Fort Collins who would like to get together
Out of state people welcome also *smile*

So maybe a dozen people.

Please respond with interest and avail dates.


My dates are July 27, Aug 3, 24,31 ( I will be in wood badge scout training the weekends of aug 10 and 17th)

thanks
sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: mms on July 18, 2013, 10:59:48 AM
I can't July 27, any of the August dates work for me.

(I assume I'm one of the people from Denver that are included in that count!  LOL.)

Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: pk on July 18, 2013, 12:12:01 PM
any of the dates work for me
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: David Pitts on July 18, 2013, 12:34:52 PM
Late August is better for me. Cannot make August 3 camping in Estes.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: MyKroFt on July 18, 2013, 12:50:27 PM
Come over to Montana and visit me :)

Myk
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: David Pitts on July 19, 2013, 07:34:54 PM
Anyone have any objections to August 31 as the date of the meeting. This day seems to be good for us in Co Springs. 
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on July 19, 2013, 11:24:13 PM
Denver Area Christmas Get Together, Aug 31 , 2013

Here are the people who have responded so far with interest for a Denver (Highlands Ranch) get together and their avail dates

Please respond if you would also like to attend



Name        |     Jul 27     |     Aug 3   |   Aug 10  |   Aug 17  |   Aug 24  | Aug 31
----------+-------------+-----------+----------+-----------+---------+------------
Sean        |        Y         |     N         |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     |  DLA
Brian        |        Y         |     Y         |    Y         |      N       |      N       |      N     | DLA
taybrynn   |        Y         |     N         |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     | DLA
javo          |        N        |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y      | DIYC
kmalsom   |        Y         |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | DIYC
kevin        |        Y         |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | LOR
T. Bennett |        Y         |     Y         |    N        |     N        |      N       |      N     | LOR
greg.ca     |        Y         |     Y         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y        |      Y     | LOR
mms         |        N        |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | FALCON
pk            |        Y         |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
dpitts        |       N         |    N          |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kevin        |        Y        |     Y          |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
rich           |        Y        |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON

It Looks like Aug 31 will work for the most folks.

grep.ca says he can host. Greg can you confirm?
Backup, Steve (mms) thinks he can reserve a conference room at the radio station he works at.

I was thinking 10am to 5pm on Aug 31? We have people driving down from Fort Collins and up from Colorado springs.

What would you like to see discussed? I will give a talk on the latest Nutcracker and explain the new library of marked up songs from audacity.

Other subjects?

thanks
sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: David Pitts on July 19, 2013, 11:36:42 PM
Sounds good for the Aug 31st. 
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: dandameron on July 20, 2013, 07:33:26 PM
31st works for me...

Thanks...

Dan
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: David Pitts on July 20, 2013, 10:07:00 PM
31st works for me...

Thanks...

Dan

I am the first to arrive and last to leave. That being said I am open to car pool.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: mms on July 20, 2013, 10:53:55 PM
A demo of the Falcon Pi Player may be neat.

I'd like to see a demo of Vixen 3 and/or HLS.

Maybe a show and tell new show elements.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: pk on July 21, 2013, 11:45:49 AM
I'll be there. 

Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on July 21, 2013, 11:54:33 AM
A demo of the Falcon Pi Player may be neat.

I'd like to see a demo of Vixen 3 and/or HLS.

Maybe a show and tell new show elements.

i can almost guarantee there will be a pi player, fpd and falcon-16 demo

I can reach out to one of the Vixen 3 developers. We need a venue that has wifi so we can have them present via teamviewer

Derek backus did the Nutcracker port.

I dont know if anyone of us coming uses HLS.


sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on July 22, 2013, 10:38:26 PM
July 22 Update:

What: Denver Area Christmas Get Together
When: 10am-5pm Aug 31 , 2013
Where: This is changing as the list of people has gotten larger than Greg thinks he can host. Brian is looking at a conference room at the Admin office of the Fire Department where he works. Steve (mms) might be able to get a conference room at his radio station. He is a DJ on radio station KEZW in Denver (http://tunein.com/program/?ProgramId=432614&StationId=32570)
3rd backup is Sean to get conference room at St Andrew church, Highlands Ranch.

Updated list of people interested

Name         |     Jul 27   |     Aug 3   |   Aug 10  |   Aug 17  |   Aug 24  | Aug 31    | FORUM
--------------+------------+------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-------
Sean           |        Y      |     N         |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     |  DLA
Brian           |        Y      |     Y         |    Y         |      N       |      N       |      Y     | DLA
taybrynn      |        Y      |     N        |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     | DLA
javo             |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y      | DIYC
kmalsom      |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | DIYC
kevin           |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | LOR
T. Bennett    |        Y     |     Y         |    N        |     N        |      N       |      N     | LOR
greg.ca        |        Y     |     Y         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y        |      Y     | LOR
mms            |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | FALCON
pk                |        Y      |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
dpitts            |       N      |    N         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kevin            |        Y     |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
rich               |        Y    |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kiplorenzo     |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | LOR
dandameron  |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | FALCON


 We have people driving down from Fort Collins and up from Colorado springs.

Some suggestions for an agenda

Brian wrote:
- If enough people have the falcon16, perhaps David can talk about setup etc.
- Swap meet if people have stuff to sell or trade.
- Show and tell. I thought this was one of the best parts down in the COS as well as the recent academy in TX.
- setting up rgb / universes to work in LOR3
- how Sean ran show only using nutcracker
- Basics of using vixen 3. Someone in the metro used it exclusively, although I don't remember who.
mms wrote:
A demo of the Falcon Pi Player may be neat.
I'd like to see a demo of Vixen 3 and/or HLS.
Maybe a show and tell new show elements.
sean wrote:
- i will demonstrate how to share nutcracker sequences. ill bring 20 already done and share them
- will bring my 20x120 flex strips and set them up to demo xlights
Greg write:
- I have a lot of 5 meter WS2811 strips 12VDC still brand new in the bags not opened that I want to sell from Ray Wu.  They are just a few     weeks old.
- I also would like to set up a 'swap meet' of Christmas light items that we all could buy/sell/trade. Bring all your unused or un-needed christmas light stuff and let's see if we can trade.
-I'm currently needing 5V WS2811 strips as my requirements for my megatree changed in mid build.


Thanks all

sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: mms on July 23, 2013, 07:25:36 AM
Thanks for getting this organized!
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on July 24, 2013, 09:52:14 AM
Brian (FireMedic4Christ) has found us a venue

Quote
Conference room reserved at my HQ just north of park meadows mall (I-25 & County Line) for aug 31 from 9am- 530pm.

South Metro Fire Rescue Authority Administration
9195 East Mineral Ave
Centennial, CO 80138

Basement level conference room 1 and 2

projectors and screens, wifi, kitchen, soda and snack machines, bring extension cord and power strips,

I think room holds over 100 so there will be plenty of room and it can be divided it we want.


Brian
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on July 24, 2013, 10:06:37 AM
We have our first door prize thanks to Jim StJohn from San Devices

Quote
jstjohnz wrote:
I will donate an E6804 for a door prize, just need someone to give me a reminder a couple of weeks before.

The Sandevices E680/E681/E682 Pixel Controllers, part of the PIXEL PROJECT
www.sandevices.com
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: RichM on July 29, 2013, 11:12:49 PM
I plan on coming.  I can bring a strap used on my megatree if that's something people want to see.  Is there anything else I should bring?

Rich
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on July 30, 2013, 12:12:04 AM
I plan on coming.  I can bring a strap used on my megatree if that's something people want to see.  Is there anything else I should bring?

Rich

Maybe one rail of the fence that you mounted lights, i found that interesting.

sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: RichM on July 30, 2013, 09:19:09 PM
I'll try to bring one.  They are in 10' sections and might be difficult to cram into my car.  I'll also bring a string of the Technicolor/firepix for everyone to see.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Kevin on August 01, 2013, 02:10:53 PM
Rich,

I have  a shorter rail that I can bring if you like.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Illusions on August 01, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
You can count David and Renee from Fort Collins. This sounds awesome.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: RichM on August 01, 2013, 10:01:26 PM
I checked today with a tape measure.  I should be able to bring one with me. 
Kevin,  If you want to bring one as well, I would like to see how yours came out.  The more the merrier!

Rich
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: FireMedic4Christ on August 02, 2013, 02:04:24 PM
I plan on coming.  . . . .  Is there anything else I should bring?

Rich

C6 node covers and the tool used to make the hole slightly bigger.


Brian
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: RichM on August 02, 2013, 03:38:17 PM
Brian, are you referring to the c-7 covers I used on my stars over the pixel nodes?  I'll pop one of those off and bring it. 

David, could you bring the tool I borrowed to make those.  It is the same tool you used to make holes in the strapping.

I'm hoping that the new c-7 screw covers that Ray is developing for the technicolor strings will work instead of having to go through all the work I did to make mine. :)
However, I don't think they have been listed for sale yet.

Rich
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on August 02, 2013, 11:23:52 PM
Newest update on Aug 2, 2013

What: Denver Area Christmas Get Together
When: 9am-6pm Aug 31 , 2013
Where: Conference room reserved at FireMedic4Christ work. just north of park meadows mall (I-25 & County Line) for aug 31 from 9am- 530pm.
South Metro Fire Rescue Authority Administration
9195 East Mineral Ave
Centennial, CO 80138
Basement level conference room 1 and 2
projectors and screens, wifi, kitchen, soda and snack machines, bring extension cord and power strips,
I think room holds over 100 so there will be plenty of room and it can be divided it we want.


Updated list of people interested, Current count for this event
19 Yes
1   No


Name         |     Jul 27   |     Aug 3   |   Aug 10  |   Aug 17  |   Aug 24  | Aug 31    | FORUM
--------------+------------+------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-------
Sean           |        Y      |     N         |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     |  DLA
Brian           |        Y      |     Y         |    Y         |      N       |      N       |      Y     | DLA
taybrynn      |        Y      |     N        |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     | DLA
javo             |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y      | DIYC
kmalsom      |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | DIYC
kevin           |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | LOR
T. Bennett    |        Y     |     Y         |    N        |     N        |      N       |      N     | LOR
greg.ca        |        Y     |     Y         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y        |      Y     | LOR
mms            |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | FALCON
pk                |        Y      |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
dpitts            |       N      |    N         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kevin            |        Y     |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
rich               |        Y    |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kiplorenzo     |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | LOR
dandameron  |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | FALCON
richard           |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
justtazz          |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
dandyman      |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
David/Renee   |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | Falcon Christmas

 We have people driving down from Fort Collins and up from Colorado springs.

Some suggestions for an agenda

Brian wrote:
- If enough people have the falcon16, perhaps David can talk about setup etc.
- Swap meet if people have stuff to sell or trade.
- Show and tell. I thought this was one of the best parts down in the COS as well as the recent academy in TX.
- setting up rgb / universes to work in LOR3
- how Sean ran show only using nutcracker
- Basics of using vixen 3. Someone in the metro used it exclusively, although I don't remember who.
mms wrote:
A demo of the Falcon Pi Player may be neat.
I'd like to see a demo of Vixen 3 and/or HLS.
Maybe a show and tell new show elements.
sean wrote:
- i will demonstrate how to share nutcracker sequences. ill bring 20 already done and share them
- will bring my 20x120 flex strips and set them up to demo xlights
Greg write:
- I have a lot of 5 meter WS2811 strips 12VDC still brand new in the bags not opened that I want to sell from Ray Wu.  They are just a few     weeks old.
- I also would like to set up a 'swap meet' of Christmas light items that we all could buy/sell/trade. Bring all your unused or un-needed christmas light stuff and let's see if we can trade.
-I'm currently needing 5V WS2811 strips as my requirements for my megatree changed in mid build.



What is everyone bringing?

I will bring my laptop and xlights
pi player => FPD => (2) Falcon-16 baords => 32 strings of lights
20x120 flex 1809 strips mounted to 1/2" metal emt. I will lay them out on the floor and make a grid display
Dave Pitts 7' Candle made out of coro
Coro Star, 60 nodes of rgb inside
Maybe, I will bring my 9' (really 8' 10") Nutcracker
My 12' spider for Halloween

sean

Thanks all

sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: RichM on August 03, 2013, 12:00:16 AM
I'm bringing:

Laptop with LOR 3.8.2 loaded.  Etherdongle => Falcon 16 board => various light strings
Technicolor light string and the "knock off" technicolor light string.  Some c-9 light covers for these.
One strap with lights installed from my megatree.  the nail I used to make the holes.
A modified and unmodified c-7 cover for pixel nodes.
10' rail used for my yard borders.
A sample of the joint I use for my window borders.

Rich
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Steve Gase on August 03, 2013, 06:35:14 AM
you guys should put this all into a RV and start a national tour! 

this event sounds great!
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Illusions on August 04, 2013, 09:40:57 PM
Renee and myself are still trying to figure it all out.  The swap meet sounds great we need to buy a lot of items still but we are not sure what to buy so having people who know will be awesome.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: RichM on August 04, 2013, 11:31:15 PM
Illusions,  A great place to start is figuring out what you want your display to look like.  Map out where everything will go in your yard.  Create a list of props you want in order of their importance to you.  We can then go over them and break down what is needed for each. 

The swap meet portion of these meetings usually falls flat.  If there is something specific you are looking for, it's better to ask now to see if anyone has one to sell you.  Otherwise, we can help you create a shopping list and where to buy from during the meeting.

Rich
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on August 20, 2013, 11:47:47 PM
Newest update on Aug 20, 2013

New News! We will be broadcasting the Denver Get together and recording it. If you cant make this event in person, please join us remotely.
We will be using Teamviewer (the same as we use each Thursday for the Nutcracker Tutorials).

Please join the meeting, by clicking on this link on Aug 31st:
http://go.teamviewer.com/v8/m93271823

Meeting ID: m93-271-823

If you have a headphone click on the "Voice over IP" on the Teamviewer menu and unmute your headphone to be able to ask questions.




What: Denver Area Christmas Get Together
When: 9am-6pm Aug 31 , 2013
Where: Conference room reserved at FireMedic4Christ work. just north of park meadows mall (I-25 & County Line) for aug 31 from 9am- 530pm.
South Metro Fire Rescue Authority Administration
9195 East Mineral Ave
Centennial, CO 80138
Basement level conference room 1 and 2
projectors and screens, wifi, kitchen, soda and snack machines, bring extension cord and power strips,
I think room holds over 100 so there will be plenty of room and it can be divided it we want.


Agenda: All times are in MST
9-10am: Meet and Greet

-- Start Teamviewer to broadcast to audience. We will have a new conference mike that should make hearing all in the room clear. We also will have two video cameras. --
10-11am: (Dave Pitts)  Demo and discussion of the pi player. Dave Pitts and MyKrofts free software for running your show from a $35 raspberry pi. This software is available now.
11-12pm: (Sean Meighan) COmplete end to end creating of a sequence in xlights/Nutcracker. We will take a song never tried before , mark it up in Audacity, bring it into xlights, create effects and finally play our sequence on the lights in the room. Goal is a sequenced song in < 30 minutes.
12-1pm: Working lunch along with show and tell.
(Rich Renn), how he built rails from plastic fencing and installed lights in them
(Sean), show the 9' Nutcrackers and how they were built
Open discussion of how people built their displays (Please send me more specifics)

1-2pm: Overview of Our Hobby. Sequencers (HLS, LOR, Vixen 2.1, Vixen+,Vixen 3,LSP). Overview of new hardware added this year (like technicolor lights).
2-3pm: (Dave Pitts). Demo of the Falcon-16 boards. Discussion of E682 and j1sys p12r. Also open discussion of any controller board.
3-5pm: Open, maybe we can get speaker to demo and talk about Vixen+ and Vixen 3.
5pm Closing. ...

Agenda is tentative

Recordings will be posted on vimeo the following week.



Updated list of people interested, Current count for this event (count has increased by two since last update Jul 30)
19 Yes
1   No


Name         |     Jul 27   |     Aug 3   |   Aug 10  |   Aug 17  |   Aug 24  | Aug 31    | FORUM
--------------+------------+------------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-----------+-------
Sean           |        Y      |     N         |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     |  DLA
Brian           |        Y      |     Y         |    Y         |      N       |      N       |      Y     | DLA
taybrynn      |        Y      |     N        |    N         |      N       |      Y       |      Y     | DLA
javo             |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y      | DIYC
kmalsom      |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | DIYC
kevin           |        Y      |     Y        |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | LOR
T. Bennett    |        Y     |     Y         |    N        |     N        |      N       |      N     | LOR
greg.ca        |        Y     |     Y         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y        |      Y     | LOR
mms            |        N     |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      N       |      Y     | FALCON
pk                |        Y      |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
dpitts            |       N      |    N         |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kevin            |        Y     |     Y        |    Y        |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
rich               |        Y    |     Y         |    Y         |     Y        |      Y       |      Y     | FALCON
kiplorenzo     |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | LOR
dandameron  |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | FALCON
richard           |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
justtazz          |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
dandyman      |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | DLA
David/Renee   |       -      |     -          |    -         |     -        |      -        |      Y     | Falcon Christmas

 We have people driving down from Fort Collins and up from Colorado springs.

Some suggestions for an agenda

Brian wrote:
- If enough people have the falcon16, perhaps David can talk about setup etc.
- Swap meet if people have stuff to sell or trade.
- Show and tell. I thought this was one of the best parts down in the COS as well as the recent academy in TX.
- setting up rgb / universes to work in LOR3
- how Sean ran show only using nutcracker
- Basics of using vixen 3. Someone in the metro used it exclusively, although I don't remember who.
mms wrote:
A demo of the Falcon Pi Player may be neat.
I'd like to see a demo of Vixen 3 and/or HLS.
Maybe a show and tell new show elements.
sean wrote:
- i will demonstrate how to share nutcracker sequences. ill bring 20 already done and share them
- will bring my 20x120 flex strips and set them up to demo xlights
Greg write:
- I have a lot of 5 meter WS2811 strips 12VDC still brand new in the bags not opened that I want to sell from Ray Wu.  They are just a few     weeks old.
- I also would like to set up a 'swap meet' of Christmas light items that we all could buy/sell/trade. Bring all your unused or un-needed christmas light stuff and let's see if we can trade.
-I'm currently needing 5V WS2811 strips as my requirements for my megatree changed in mid build.



What is everyone bringing?

I will bring my laptop and xlights
pi player => FPD => (2) Falcon-16 baords => 32 strings of lights
20x120 flex 1809 strips mounted to 1/2" metal emt. I will lay them out on the floor and make a grid display
Dave Pitts 7' Candle made out of coro
Coro Star, 60 nodes of rgb inside
Maybe, I will bring my 9' (really 8' 10") Nutcracker
My 12' spider for Halloween

sean

Thanks all

sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Kevin on August 21, 2013, 09:55:10 AM
Sean,

I can do a short version of the COS LightsUp presentation, focusing on whats out there and what the differences are, and how to connect it all together.

I plan on bringing my controller 'ABC Block Boxes', my PVC Roof Hangers, my Nylon strips for mega tree, and a few items for the trade. of course several types of controllers, laptop, power supplies and extension cords.


I know at the COS meeting some people wanted to have a breakout session on the LOR Visualizer and how to set up rgb pixels in LOR.  If we do smaller groups I would be glad to demo that as well.

Sorry, I'm not efficient with Vixen or HLS, I only know the basics.

kevin
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on August 21, 2013, 09:59:30 AM
Sean,

I can do a short version of the COS LightsUp presentation, focusing on whats out there and what the differences are, and how to connect it all together.

I plan on bringing my controller 'ABC Block Boxes', my PVC Roof Hangers, my Nylon strips for mega tree, and a few items for the trade. of course several types of controllers, laptop, power supplies and extension cords.


I know at the COS meeting some people wanted to have a breakout session on the LOR Visualizer and how to set up rgb pixels in LOR.  If we do smaller groups I would be glad to demo that as well.

Sorry, I'm not efficient with Vixen or HLS, I only know the basics.

kevin

Great Kevin! i will put you down as presenter from 1-2pm.

thanks
sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: pk on August 21, 2013, 10:21:35 AM
Should we bring food/snacks/sodas to share? 

See everyone there.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on August 30, 2013, 05:35:17 PM
Denver Get Together Agenda for Aug 31.

http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/aug31_agenda.html (http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases/aug31_agenda.html)

For those who will dial in, there will be a raffle for having sean mark up a song of your choice and setup effects on it,

we will start broadcasting at 9am MST and finish at 5pm MST.

Join for the hour(s) you are interested in

sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Illusions on August 30, 2013, 08:16:26 PM
Yes are we bringing snacks to share? 
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: smeighan on August 30, 2013, 11:01:31 PM
Yes are we bringing snacks to share?

you can bring snacks, if you want.

we plan on going and getting vegetables, fruits, soft drinks, ice, and then pick up pizzas from costco at lunch. we will ask for $5 from each attendee to cover the purchases,

thanks
sean
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: mms on August 31, 2013, 08:15:54 AM
We will have soda, granola bars, muffins, grapes, bananas, chips and other stuff

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: zach.stoltenberg on August 31, 2013, 09:07:07 AM
What is the team viewer meeting number or link for the live stream?
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: mms on August 31, 2013, 09:22:59 AM
What is the team viewer meeting number or link for the live stream?

Please join the meeting, by clicking on this link on Aug 31st:
http://go.teamviewer.com/v8/m93271823

Meeting ID: m93-271-823
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Illusions on August 31, 2013, 10:01:00 AM
Team viewer is full they are working in starting another meeting.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: mms on August 31, 2013, 10:03:20 AM
There is a 25 person limit on Team Viewer.  The sessions are being recorded and will be available later today.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: David Pitts on August 31, 2013, 10:21:18 AM
There is a 25 person limit on Team Viewer.  The sessions are being recorded and will be available later today.

Here is a second meeting. m03-528-556 The quality is not as good as the main meeting.
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: mms on August 31, 2013, 06:40:14 PM
What a great day!  Thank you Sean, David, Kevin and John for presenting.   Thank you all for coming, it was great to put faces to the names!  Happy lighting!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: pk on September 01, 2013, 09:20:38 AM
I had a great time yesterday.  It was good seeing familiar faces and meeting new people interested in this hobby.  A special thanks to Brian for getting such a wonderful venue.

The presentations by Sean, David, and Kevin were informative as well as looking at the display elements brought by others to show.

Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: RichM on September 01, 2013, 02:52:20 PM
I had a wonderful time.  I learn new things every time I go to one of these.  For me the most significant point this time was Sean's presentation on marking up music files in Audacity.
 
Thank you to everyone who worked hard putting this together.  I can't wait for the next one. ;D

Now I have to get me one of those FPPD's!

Rich
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: dandameron on September 01, 2013, 04:08:05 PM
+1... It was a great event...

Special thanks to Brian, Sean, Dave, Kevin, Gary, etc!!!
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: taybrynn on September 03, 2013, 09:34:27 PM
Thanks to David, Sean and everyone else who made it happen !!  I'm super impressed with the stuff going on !!  This forum is also very nice!
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: jnealand on September 07, 2013, 12:44:47 PM
I watched two sessions on Teamviewer, but had to get offline.  Did videos get made and if so have they been posted anywhere?
Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: JonB256 on September 07, 2013, 09:41:45 PM

Not yet. Sean will post after he finishes tiling his kitchen.

Galaxy Note II

Title: Re: Denver Get Together
Post by: Steve Gase on September 07, 2013, 09:51:51 PM

Not yet. Sean will post after he finishes tiling his kitchen.

Galaxy Note II
Is it true that Sean is using the 16x16 RGB tiles?

I can only imagine when Sean uses nutcracker on his dance kitchen floor. :)