Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 52
Total: 62

Problem with plasma effect

Started by Nburlarley, June 01, 2022, 09:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nburlarley

I'm having a problem that I've never seen before in xlights. I have a plasma effect on my garage outline set to the colors orange, green, and purple. The speed is set to 90, and add twist to effect and line density are set to 1. When I first put it on the timeline the effect worked fine, but when I went back to that section of the song about 30 minutes later, it set the whole outline to whatever the first color was selected in the palette. I tried rendering everything, I tried deleting the effect then adding it back in, I even checked to make sure there was nothing in other layers causing it to do this. But none of these fixed the problem. I also had this happen in a different sequence I just opened after 3 weeks without opening and there were 2 plasma effects that did the same thing. One was on my roof and was on the garage and they both were the first color in the palette. Does this sound like a me problem? or is this a bug in xlights? thanks!

Nburlarley

I was able to fix the problem however I still think it's a bug in xlights. I was running version 2022.11 (the newest right now) but I installed version 2022.10 and replaced it. However this still didn't fix it. What fixed it was when I clicked on an effect from a different prop running at the same time. I don't know why this fixed it but hey, at least it's working now!

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics