Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 45
Total: 47

4-String Differential SmartReceiver v2.01 Board

Started by breese, August 02, 2022, 09:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breese

I just received my first differential smart receiver v2.01 board.
Is there a manual for this?
I am going to be using it on my Falcon F16V4 1.01 board.
Just want to be sure I have the switches all setup correctly

breese

breese

I see there is a configuration for Smart Mode or Dumb Mode.
When and why would I want to run one of these?

Poporacer

Quote from: breese on August 02, 2022, 02:58:38 PMI see there is a configuration for Smart Mode
That is if you want to daisy chain the remotes, but the ports on each of the remotes will share the total pixel allotment for that port.

Quote from: breese on August 02, 2022, 02:58:38 PMor Dumb Mode.
Actually Normal Mode, but if you are not daisy chaining them, then you use Normal Mode.

Quote from: breese on August 02, 2022, 02:58:38 PMWhen and why would I want to run one of these?
If you have several props in somewhat remote locations without high pixel counts, then daisy chaining them might be a good option.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

JonD

I have the 2.0 version of smart receivers, but I had all sorts of issues when using normal mode off of a F16v4.  I would get ghosting from other ports and had to put them in smart mode to correct the issue.  I let David know about it, but it was Christmas and I had a work around.  Maybe firmware and new 2.1 version have corrected that by now.  If you use native mode and notice issues, you might be able to correct by changing to smart mode. 

csmith

I like the new blue receivers I just received, especially the smaller green Phoenix connectors. 

But... between the basic instructions on the back of the board and the referenced document above I'm still a bit fuzzy on setup.

The 4 DIP switches on the board come from the factory all in the 'ON' position.

Do we need to ever touch these?  What do the do?
Chuck Smith

dkulp

They are for the terminating resistors.   They should be ON for the last receiver in the chain and off for the others.   
Daniel Kulp - https://kulplights.com

HuskerInTexas53

I could have sworn I watched a video somewhere on the v2.01, setting it up, etc; but if I did I can't find it again.  Do you know if one exists, or is the google doc the only thing?  Maybe it is so simple, a video isn't considered needed.

Thanks for all you do!

Doucet

Did you figure out how to set up the v2.01 Smart Receivers. I can't find anything on it.

JonD

Quote from: Doucet on August 27, 2022, 12:40:47 PMDid you figure out how to set up the v2.01 Smart Receivers. I can't find anything on it.

The smart receiver directions are at the bottom of the F16V4 manual.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1449zGk1HEiQjcu6e98ebWnFBMFKUiXaFzis9QGAnfsk/edit

HuskerInTexas53

I have two of the 2.01 smart receivers, connected to a F16V4.  All firmware has been updated.  When I run the smart receivers separately in the dumb mode (0), they appear to work fine (including tests and sequences).  However, when I attempt to daisy chain them (one set to "A" and the other set to "B") with terminator switches set appropriately, I get nothing.  Testing through the F16V4 doesn't even work.  I feel like I am close but missing something little.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

JonD

Did you hit the plus button and convert the adapter to 17a and 17b?  A print screen of your config would be helpful.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

HuskerInTexas53

You bet;  here is my output settings screen.  I did indeed switch the adaptor to "a" and "b" (I assume you mean turning the wheel to a or b.

JonD

That looks good.

Confirming that you are not using any expansion boards, and you are just trying to use the two red receiver ports on the right side of the controller.  The Smart Receiver A needs to be plugged into the very top port on the right side of the controller (RCVR1).  Smart Receiver B should be plugged into the second network port on Smart Receiver A.   Nothing should be plugged into the second "RCVR2" port or "DMX" port on the controller.   Smart Receiver A should NOT be terminated, Smart Receiver B SHOULD be terminated (the last device in the chain).  Smart Receiver A will be ports 17a,18a,19a, and 20a  Smart Receiver B will be ports 17b,18b,19b, and 20b.

Also, that you have configured the controller to the correct configuration from the main menu.

Support FPP

+- Recent Topics

Upgraded to FPP V6.1.1 - Network Settings do not have "Interface Routing" option by k6ccc
Today at 11:38:32 AM

60+ Ray Wu Cables, Pigtails, misc by jnealand
Today at 08:57:49 AM

Sequence issues from Rasberry pi by Poporacer
Today at 07:49:10 AM

New K4-PB wifi problems by fauxton
September 30, 2022, 07:19:15 PM

Projector video for just one video source by XmasInGalt
September 30, 2022, 03:54:30 PM

F16V4 port 5 Lights flicker by JonD
September 30, 2022, 01:55:34 PM

Smart receiver 2.01 on F16v3 not sending data by JonD