Total Topics: 15638
Most Online Today: 111
Most Online Ever: 7634
(January 21, 2020, 02:14:03 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 46
Total: 53

Modifying Render Style on Multiple Selected Effects?

Started by Hsteak2022, September 08, 2022, 08:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hsteak2022

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to import sequences and I am having to change quite a few of the render styles due to differences in layout structure.

I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow change the render style on all selected effects.
I know you can convert them all to "Per Model Default" using the method shown below. Unfortunately, that's not the style I need to use.
However if I use that same menu and click "Select Effects" and then edit the render style using the layer settings window it only appears to change one of the selected effects, not all of them.

Does anyone know how to do this?

darylc

Can you use bulk edit?  You might be better off asking this sort of question in the xlights zoom room though.

Hsteak2022

Thanks, I will try the zoom room.

As far as I know, Bulk Edit is only available in the layouts page, not sequencing.

JonB256

Quote from: Hsteak2022 on September 12, 2022, 07:11:47 AMThanks, I will try the zoom room.

As far as I know, Bulk Edit is only available in the layouts page, not sequencing.

I use Bulk Edit on the sequencing page frequently. You need to select multiple effects, then Right Click (Windows). It isn't available for everything but you won't know if you don't right click.
Long time Falcon, FPP and xLights user

Poporacer

Quote from: Hsteak2022 on September 08, 2022, 08:51:46 AMHowever if I use that same menu and click "Select Effects" and then edit the render style using the layer settings window it only appears to change one of the selected effects, not all of them.
Probably because you didn't select the Bulk Edit? Select your effects and then on the Render Style, Right Click the Carat to the right and you will get the Bulk Edit feature.
You cannot view this attachment.
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Hsteak2022

Quote from: Poporacer on September 12, 2022, 03:01:39 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

Thank you! This is what I was missing, I was right clicking on the group like in my pictures, I never would have thought to right click a drop-down menu.
Perhaps a checkbox would be more obvious?